xpost-Goal Weight -long...sorry

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:13 pm
Ree, Thank you! I'm feeling much more at ease today with my decision. I'll remember your offer and please know that I extend the same to you!
louisamay
on 7/9/12 8:17 am
VSG on 04/27/12
What a huge accomplishment!  You have come so far, and SHOULD be proud, proud, proud.

Don't people continue to lose a bit when they shift into maintenance, gradually adding calories back?  You may hit that magic number yet.  But it makes no difference.  You already are a winner!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:14 pm
You're right. I may continue to lose, but my body is doing a good job adjusting to this weight. We'll see what happens as I gradually add calories. HA - funny thought that - adding calories. Hmmmm....
louisamay
on 7/9/12 10:29 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
Just remember--166 is only a number, an artificial construct that had no meaning even a hundred years ago.  Your body has no idea what "166" means.  It is a machine and it is very efficient and happy with the fuel you are giving it.  It's possible to end up shortchanging it in an attempt to reach some arbitrary MPG number, which will look more efficient but actually isn't best for optimal performance of your machine.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

tall_not_venti
on 7/9/12 9:01 am
VSG on 02/23/12
Thanks for this thoughtful post. I am a perfectionist, and that has previously contributed to regain at other times with other methods... I think it's important to keep on eye on the now. Especially because this time we have a long term advantage to maintain, and habits to continue the success. Way to go, Karik!
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:17 pm
Thanks! I think my perfectionist tendencies have been part of my weight issues all along. I KNOW that they played a big part in my turmoil over changing my goal weight. It feels good to know deep down that I don't have to be perfect on this journey. I can't be, but I can do the best I can do each and every day. I just have to continue to accept that my best will be a little different each day.
moonglo82
on 7/9/12 9:07 am, edited 7/8/12 9:07 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
D, I love you!

To me, this part of your post speaks volumes:

"As I type the end of this post, it is dawning on me that as the weight loss part of my journey is nearing its end, the emotional growth and rebirth part is really just beginning. I am overwhelmed and overjoyed, and yet, terribly frightened of the months ahead."

The fact that you're putting this much thought into it, in my mind, means you are setting yourself up for success. I can't wait to watch you grow into maintenance... you've been such a great model for me!

Big hugs!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/12 4:22 pm
Back at you, C!!! Hey, you're gonna be joining me in just few months - just wait and see.

With help, support and friendship from people like you and the vets, I will strive to make maintenance successful.

Big hug back!
acbbrown
on 7/9/12 9:14 am - Granada Hills, CA
I think this approach is absolutely fantastic and I commend you for it. For most of us, when we are setting a goal weight, we hardly have anything to go on other than a silly BMI chart or a doctor's recommendation, but each and every BODY is different, and we need to adjust accordingly - we just can't do that when we are starting out. I can tell you right now - i have no idea what my goal weight is. It will be a wait and see  kind of decision and because of this post, I feel more comfortable and a little bit more at peace with that.

All I can say is CONGRATS !!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

EliseG
on 7/9/12 9:22 am - MA
I think this is a great way of thinking, and want to congratulate you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views