new idea

kelly_p
on 7/17/12 2:10 pm
 heyy guys,

My doctor recently told me that I am still overweight and might want to lose about 20 lbs. I haven't been able to do it on my own. Its been a its been a year and 8 months since surgery and its getting difficult to lose. My friend mentioned weigh****chers and I was wondering if any of you have tried it and if its helpful??  

I really appreciate any advice.. Thank you in advance 

acbbrown
on 7/17/12 2:15 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I have a couple WLS friends who have done WW a couple years post-op. I can't say that the food plan is really tailored to WLS patients, but if you're willing to make the adjustments and focus on using your points for more protein, less carbs, you could probably do it. 

But, the big secret with WW and any of the more successful diet programs - eating sensible, TRACKING, and support/accountability. You dont need to follow a WW plan to get the benefits, but like i said, if you think that environment and accountability would work for you, go for it. Another alternative is to join MFP, get a bunch of friends from here, and start tracking and getting support that way. 

It is hard to lose when you are close to goal - it really requires that you buckle down, remain super vigilant about every bite you take, and move more! 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kevin H.
on 7/17/12 2:27 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
Doesn't weigh****chers use a point system based on your current weight allowing you to eat so many calories / points a day?

Somehow I don't think that would work with us VSG patients?

If I went by what weigh****chers said I could have points wise .. I'd be eatting about 2,000 calories a day at my weight.

I'm loosing weight eatting like 600-800 not 2,000.  See what I mean?

I'm not sure weigh****chers is meant for people that have had bariatric surgery.  Thats why we work with the surgeon and nutritionists to loose and maintain our weight.

kelly_p
on 7/17/12 2:33 pm
 Thats a good point.  I dont know much about how weigh****chers works. Its was just an idea that was thrown at me.
Most Active