exercise!!

kelly_p
on 7/18/12 4:18 pm
  hey guys,

I am not at goal yet but have lost 80 lbs. I have extra skin on my arms and theighs. I was wondering if exercise actually helps. Ive heard some people say that it actually looks worst  when you're getting to goal than when your done with you weight loss. Does anyone know if this is true?? I would love to hear your experiences and will appreciate any advice you have
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/12 5:49 pm
The way I look at is that exercise couldn't hurt. keeping muscles toned will help your overall shape and make you feel good. Exercise can't tighten up your skin but replacing the 'empty space" under the skin that used to hold fat with some muscle really seems to help my skin from being super saggy. Well, that's what I like to think.
bigmama3
on 7/18/12 10:23 pm

Exercise has definitely helped with my loose skin.  My stomach and arms now look presentable (I actually have a pair of guns).  It won't take all the problems away, but it certainly will help.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/18/12 10:37 pm
We've abused our skin's ability to bounce back by years of being obese, so we can't expect it to magically bounce back when we lose the weight.

I've got some loose skin. I found it go worse the more I lost. I'm running and weight training and it doesn't seem to be helping, though I continue to lose inches. It certainly can't hurt to tone the muscles under the lose skin. But it's not going to erase the problem. If it is too extreme or really bothers you, plastic surgery is really the only permanent option.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Phatchick
on 7/18/12 10:57 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi, I currently exercize for the health benefits. I feel so awesome after losing 1/2 my weight goal, that I want to feel stronger and be healthier. I feel my skin and blubber moving as i work out, but it is just a reminder of what I am walking away from. I too have about 80 lbs to go. I sleep better, concentrate better, can walk anywhere, and feel so in control of my destiny and health since I began aerobics, yoga and free weights. The benefits are undescribable. Best, Sharon

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views