ABB Pure Pro 50 Protein shakes/Protein to go caffeinated shots

sunshine777
on 7/23/12 4:44 am
VSG on 06/12/12
  went on a road trip this weekend and found ABB protein shakes at a gas station. Has anyone used these? Do you think the shake contains too many calories? I had the vanilla bean and had no problem with the taste or getting it down.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/abb/purepro50.html

I also found Protien to Go caffeinated energy shots. 2.5 oz has 28 grams of protein. It was on the same rack as the 5 hour energy shots. Has anyone used these? I bought one but have not drank it yet so I am not sure about the flavor.

http://proteintogo.com/index.php?route=common/home
Bf516
on 7/23/12 5:02 am, edited 7/23/12 5:03 am
I am unsure about the specific protein you are talking about but I posted the other day about protein shots, whey liquid shots, & I was told they are JUNK. The wrong protein.

Good luck
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/23/12 6:46 am
The previous poster is correct about the Protein To Go. Shots are usually garbage - a type of protein that is not absorbable or usable for us and therefore it's like getting no protein at all.

The ABB protein shakes don't look too bad. Yes, high in calories, but also high in protein for not too many carbs or fat.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 7:07 am
Really?
tripmom02
on 7/24/12 7:16 am - NJ
 Yes, really.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

tripmom02
on 7/24/12 7:18 am - NJ
 I try to avoid any protien that does not list Whey as it's first protien, but in a pinch I think they ABB aren't horrible. The shots are crap, ditch em and don't buy anymore.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 7:22 am
Well - I would have to say that the protein to go is actually great.  It is hydrolized why protien and says it.  I had my dr review it and he thought it was so good that he contacted the company.  So I disagree with the fact that ALL of those type of items are bad.  Just my 2 cents.
tripmom02
on 7/24/12 7:24 am - NJ
 The first ingreident is hydrolized collagenic protien, which is not a form of protien that we digest well or that can be counted toward your daily protien goal or that will keep your body from eating it's own muscle. So carry on with your 2 cents, but you are wrong.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/12 7:28 am
Wow - I acutally joined to the forum to learn and I thought I might try and contribute.  I guess I joined the wrong group!  You really make me feel like an idiot.  I guess I will look elsewhere..

tripmom02
on 7/24/12 7:36 am - NJ
Actually, you suggested that what I said was wrong, I pointed out why it isn't. Feel free to look elsewhere, but I was just trying to let you know that the info you have is dead wrong and even dangerous (your body will actually turn on itself and destroy it's own muscle tissue, including your heart if you are not getting enough of the PROPER protein). 

If my proving you wrong for the sake of your health makes you feel like an idiot, that's on you, not me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views