Update on dating post VSG

LeahBea
on 8/6/12 11:06 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Hey kids, it's been a while since I posted anything and I felt like boring the hell out of you fine people... so here it is:

Life has been crazy lately. I've been working like a madwoman, trying to get ready for semester to start up again and recently started dating again. The first two are nothing new. I've been living the craziness of balancing work and school for quite a while now. It's hard and chaotic, but I'm almost used to the chaos at this point. The dating however is a new curveball that I said I was ready for, but wasn't quite aware would be this different post VSG.

I'd posted a while back about the horrible date I went on, lol still giggle about that one when I think about it... and I've gone on several others since then. Some were ok, some were bad and one was amazing.

Let me first say that I dated quite a bit before I had surgery. I may have been fat, but I was cute, damnit! But since having surgery and hitting goal dating is very VERY different! I get hit on by creepers... more than I care to recount, I meet guys that tell me they are only interested in sleeping with me, and then guys that tell me they are looking for something not too serious but then really just want a one night stand...

The one that was amazing is the one I thought, "He's not quite my type, but why not?" Isn't that the way it always works?! We met at a bar that I frequent here and there and had drinks (not too many, I'm a lightweight now, remember?). We had great conversation and easy chemistry. And weirdest thing ever.... we have the same birthday! I'm not kidding, I made him show me his ID, LOL.

He asked me to have drinks with him again the next night, and had an awesome time again. We've been out 5 or 6 times now and if I'm honest with myself, I'm kind of smitten with him. He's super sweet and caring. And I could use some nice in my life these days.

So our third date we met at a dive bar which closed kinda early and after it closed neither of us was quite ready to go home yet. So he asked if I wanted to go on an adventure with him, the answer to that question should always be yes, so I followed him to the beach... at almost 3 in the morning. Can you say "Keeper"? This guy took me for a walk on the beach at 3 in the morning!

He also isn't weirded out by the fact that I had WLS, yeah I told him the first night we had drinks. He didn't even freak out when I causually dropped the fact I've lost 200 lbs into a conversation, just simply said, "I was curious, but I was never going to ask... but that's pretty amazing. You're amazing."

Anyway, enough about my girly, butterflies in my sleeve nonsense! That's my update on life for right now. Hoping everyone else is doing well!

Leah

racemomss
on 8/6/12 11:13 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
Way to go girl! Very happy for you. I hope to be succesful like you one day!!!
TaylorH7682
on 8/6/12 11:14 am, edited 8/6/12 11:14 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12
 Thanks for posting this!  I also date quite a bit, and while I'm fat I am also cute damnit!! haha!  I've put my love life on hold for the last couple months to really focus on me, focus on the surgery, and focus on what my new life will be like post-op.  I'm already excited for skinny dating.  haha! You've made me that much more excited!

LeahBea
on 8/6/12 11:25 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 I was dating a guy before/shortly after surgery that said he understood what it meant, then after I was down 60-70 lbs told me he thought I was prettier fat! LOL

That was when I decided to stop dating until after goal. The weightloss phase was just too much for anyone else to handle or try to understand. I'm glad I waited to start dating again.

And you'll be there soon enough, promise!

Leah

Pobearsam7
on 8/6/12 11:17 am
Great story!!! I'm so happy for you

Kelly                

moonglo82
on 8/6/12 11:22 am
VSG on 03/29/12
You crack me up with the butterflies in the sleeve bit! How exciting to have found someone decent for a change finding a good guy can be tough! (no offense guys... just saying)

I'm so happy for you. I remember some of your recent posts about dating, and this one sounds levels above the ones you've mentioned before. ))

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

LeahBea
on 8/6/12 11:28 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 No kidding! LOL, nothing serious but we're having fun getting to know each other and we'll see where it goes.

Leah

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/12 11:40 am
Have fun!
LeahBea
on 8/7/12 2:21 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
 Always :)

Leah

melly37
on 8/6/12 12:07 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12