Dumped

Missey J.
on 8/7/12 4:03 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
Well....today i got the text. My BF of 6 months dumped me and stated its cause of my WLS. Said he liked me the way i was but now I am taking to much control of things. Sorry about posting this  but I needed to rant.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
frisco
on 8/7/12 4:23 pm

Bummer.... Sorry... Sounds Brutal....

Maybe I'm a little to Old School......But, is that how it's done these days ????

You text???

Really???

Sit back.... type it out on your phone...... hit send......done deal???

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

INgirl
on 8/7/12 4:34 pm
Yep, seems the way boys do it these days more and more.. actual men, they have a little more finesse..

Missey: I think you'll be able to count this as your first NSV after a little while of getting over it. As Martha would say, it's a good thing.

Tesha07
on 8/7/12 4:24 pm - TX
 So sorry. But its his lost. God has something better in store for you!
nursgirl
on 8/7/12 4:59 pm - Sunny Southern CA, CA
VSG on 09/14/12
 aww I'm sorry to read this although I have a few friends who had WLS before me who've told me stories about people treating them differently... maybe it's us making such a big decision to do something for ourselves that scares people? I dunno. My mom had WLS almost 4 yrs ago and I have to admit I was totally scared of how I thought it might change her to be skinny because I'd ALWAYS known my mom as "fluffy and cuddly" my entire life... turns out she is an AWESOME skinny mom and is now my inspiration for me to have VSG next month! but in my experience as a loved one of a few folks having WLS they DID change through the process as they began to take control of their lives... it was a wonderful beautiful positive change but change nonetheless and lots of times change scares people.. 
anywho, just my 2 cents and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this but good for you for wanting to be healthier! ((hugs))

SURGERY 9-14-2012 DR. PONCE DE LEON
pics of my trip: 
http://wlsherewego.shutterfly.com/pictures/14              
Calking
on 8/7/12 5:14 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
To me it simply sounds like you lost some extra weight ... 

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

lucy2e
on 8/7/12 8:23 pm - Laurel, MD
I agree with Calking - sounds like you just dumped 100+ unwanted and useless pounds!  

Sorry about the hurt that you are going thru right now - but realize that he isn't worth the pain - you deserve much better than that!  You are giving yourself a wonderful gift of a new and improved you - now you can upgrade with a wonderful new partner!

Good luck! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Sleeva
on 8/7/12 8:31 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
NEXT........(moving on)....(((HUGS))))
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

rhearob
on 8/7/12 9:33 pm - TN
 Sounds like you are better off without him - probably an immature ***** anyway.

If a man can't stand a partner taking control of their life and making positive changes, it wasn't a healthy relationship to begin with.

Have a cry, feel the hurt, but remember that your life is turning around and there are nothing but success and positive change ahead of you.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Mike B.
on 8/7/12 9:57 pm
Wow Missey, what great weight loss, way to go. Actually he's right, you have taken control of things and it's for the healthier you. Continue to move forward and upward and not look back. No reason to apologize for ranting, we're all here to support each other so rant away. Good luck and may your journey be everything you expect it to be.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views