I've officially lost my husband (in weight!)

Italian-Princess
on 8/30/12 1:31 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Candy

You've accomplished so much.................I'm in awe of you.  The psychological stuff seems the hardest to cope with.  Before my sleeve, losing the weight seemed the biggest struggle.  Now, at only 2 months out, I'm learning that the most difficult work is going to be dealing with all the changes in mind and body, and recognition of the life style that got me where I needed to find the tool that the sleeve provides.  It is because of the honesty and openness from such people as you that these issues are a little easier to grasp...............and learning how you are dealing with them helps those of us who follow you in working through it all.

Thank you for your very helpful posts! 

Keep on your path -- your goal is looking closer every day!

Ree

sleevegirl
on 8/30/12 2:25 pm - Austin, TX
Thanks, sweetie. Ya know, no matter how many of us said we didn't think it... I think we really did think that losing weight or having surgery would just fix everything around us. And that's not the case. I do struggle, but probably not as much as others and probably harder than some others too. But pretending those problems don't exist doesn't do any of us any good.

xoxo... you are up for the ride of your life.. hang on!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

1london
on 8/30/12 2:29 pm

Congratulations!!!!  The numbers may matter little....but you have done such a great job that you have every right to be proud of each pound lost!!  It doesn't matter where you have been, but where your going!!! :)
I have enjoyed sharing your journey through OH and I am sincerely happy for you!!!!

sleevegirl
on 8/30/12 3:07 pm - Austin, TX
Awww... thanks... it feels so close now that I can TASTE it (taste like chicken, A LOT of chicken LOL). I'm trying hard not to think about how long it will take to get this other 21 pounds off because I don't believe in date-based goals, but man!

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

vocalcoach
on 8/30/12 6:01 pm - MD
That's SOOOO inspiring!!  You lost my current weight!!!  HOLY COW!!!
Congrats on your INCREDIBLE success!

Maria=)

HW- 315
SW- 288
CW- 180
GW- 160

sleevegirl
on 8/30/12 6:49 pm - Austin, TX
Well... maybe 1/10 of a good cow anyway :)

Hehehe... thanks :)

happyteacher
on 8/31/12 5:46 am
 Sleeve girl, you are most impressive and I really feel like you inspire a lot of people on the board by putting the honeymoon myth to shame.  You will get to goal for sure as long as you don't give up on it.  That is a whole lotta weight that you have lost there and you must feel amazing!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

sleevegirl
on 8/31/12 6:00 am - Austin, TX
Thanks... it's not over yet :) I'll get there!

frisco
on 8/31/12 10:42 am

Some people don't "Understand" what the Honeymoon Phase is........

The Honeymoon phase commonly refers to the first six months when WL is easiest for most.

No where has it ever meant that you can't lose weight after the first six months....... 

WL after the first six months can still be very good if you follow a proper eating plan and continue with a high level of commitment and compliance.

It took Jimbo 2 years to lose 350lbs. but his greatest WL per month was had in the first six months.

I lost 100 plus pounds the first six months and around 75 the second six months. My second six months WL stats were higher than my surgeons average.

Where people run into problems is when they find out that WL gets harder after the first six months and need to cut back when the natural tendency is to get a bit lax and increase intake numbers.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sleevegirl
on 9/2/12 4:47 am - Austin, TX
Agreed, BUT I see so many times people posting (or being posted to) that they won't lose after 12 months. Heck, I saw one several months back that her SURGEON told her that. It's not fair and it's not correct. Hell, this month is turning into a crazy loss banner month for me at month freaking 15. Why? Cuz I'm doing my job and getting stuff done. I just hate when people have that belief that if they don't lose it in the first 12 months, they won't.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views