This post is the pits....

rhearob
on 8/31/12 3:47 pm - TN
 Specifically the armpits.

I have written other posts on how much my body has changed.   One that takes me by surprise every day is my armpits.

Seriously - they are not so much pits as sinkholes.  Caves.  Spelunkers could explore them using ropes and pitots.  I may rent them out to a families of four to live in.

Seriously though, I don't know how they got so deep.  When I wash in the shower I am afraid I am going to put my fist through them and out my back.  

Anyone else got the pits from hell?

Oh well - I am at least 4 months out from my upper body plastics.  I am doing the LBL first and letting that heal before doing the rest.  Maybe the extra income from my pit tennants can help pay for that.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Medic911NC
on 8/31/12 4:04 pm - NC
VSG on 03/03/12 with
I don't have the pits yet but where the hell did my badonkadonk go?  My partner told me the other day that she couldn't tell if I was going or coming....pure love right there! lol  Better start saving some pennies for my butt-lift...gotta fix this concave ass!

Marie M.
on 8/31/12 4:11 pm - PA
Rob, that is so wierd that you posted this.  In the last month or so I have also noticed how cavernous my armpits are.  You described it perfectly.  They are so deep and makes shaving difficult.  I guess I had very fat armpits preop!

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

TSinNC
on 8/31/12 4:14 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
You are too funny!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

happyteacher
on 8/31/12 4:21 pm
 Yep, and add to that folds of skin.  Oh, and the lower part of where a woman would shave is now damn near at my waist.  Nice.   I agree with shaving- really tough to get a close shave in those parts now.  That's ok though, it beats weighing a 132 pounds more :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

rhearob
on 8/31/12 5:09 pm - TN
 I dont really have to worry about shaving the pits - But I can see how SERIOUSLY that would suck.

I will say this - I am seriously wondering how the chest and stomach hair is going to look after the LBL next month.  I am doing the anchor/Fleur-de-lis cut.  So the surgeon will be removing a wedge shaped patch of skin from the middle and bringing it back together.  The skin on my torso will probably be rotated like the towel in those old cloth towel machines from the restroom.  I will probably wind up having No hair there whatsoever.  

Same thing after I have the brach next year.  Probably the worlds most permanent hair removal!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

stephintexas
on 8/31/12 6:29 pm
Cavernous pits?? I'm trying to envision this. I'm feeling my pits and I haven't lost any fat there yet I don't guess LOL

I did discover my hip bones recently. They show now. That was exciting but pits? LOL I guess I can look forward to that.

carebear32958
on 8/31/12 6:39 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Hehe, first off can I admit that Rob, I think I'm kinda in love with you ;)  Haha, If you get a good price on rent wanna meet up for a protein shake date?
Ok, on a serious note, dang, this is what I potentially have to look forward to?  Hmmm....wonder if I can fill them in with spackle?  Maybe laser hair removal is a good plan for oh say, like right now! LOL....Maybe I can mentally convince my body to channel  that "specific" fat loss to my cheek bones (the ones on my face ;)~ ) Oh well, I'm a firm believer in plastics, guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it!  But Hey,  you can probably smuggle lots of goodies into the movie theater in those caves right? haha
olderbutwiser
on 8/31/12 7:54 pm
 Rob -- that is SO funny AND i of course checked mine out while I was reading and I have no answer because my ridiculous bat wings are kinda in the way!!!  However, I should share that I went to see my doctor because I had this REALLY freaky lump kind of in the lower middle of my rib cage.I was scared   --- Turns out.................it's a bone!!!   Gotta love it!!!  

tripmom02
on 8/31/12 9:26 pm - NJ
Gah, same problem and let me tell you it freaking sucks to shave them every day!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active