8 days Post OP Feeling Great!!

Michael L.
on 10/18/12 7:41 am - Fall River, MA
I'm 8 days out. 3 days home from hospital. I am off all pain meds but still in some pretty good pain. Even in pain, I have this energy and spring in my step. My 2nd day out of hospital I walked 30 minutes and Yesterday I walked 42 nonstop. Today i did 30. It just feels good!!

I've created a blog to chronicle my journey, hospital stay etc: www.lessofmike.com
I'd love your comments over there. I love this site it's so supportive.

I do have a protein question:
I still in liquid / creamed soup stage. Is it normal to maybe add a extra protein powder to Maximize protein. I am allowed 4oz. of protein shake at a time. i was thinking of adding a full scoop or packet to 4oz of skim milk.

I cannot stomach or pallet Greek or no sugar added yogurt. I know it's high in protein but just can't.

Thanks for your comments and support!

Michael
http://www.lessofmike.com

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Feystorm
on 10/18/12 7:47 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I see no harm in adding extra protein - if you can handle the flavor.  lol.  It just might become a little overpowering.  :)

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/18/12 7:51 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I think I read somewhere that we can't absorb too much protein at a time...I can't recall what that number is. Maybe someone will... I add unflavoured protein powder to a lot of liquids, broth especially, and am going to add to yogurt etc when I start eating that next week. Every little bit helps as long as its not too much and wasted in not being absorbed.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Rochelle82
on 10/18/12 11:57 am - OK

Its 30g of protein at any one time. Our body cant use it so its wasted. I only know this because I JUST had a meeting with my NUT.

kitsyb
on 10/18/12 7:52 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I didn't think I could stomach greek yogurt either until someone on here posted about putting cheesecake sugar free jello pudding in it and thinned down with soy or almond milk and it is GREAT!!!  Makes me think I am eating a piece of cheesecake.  Now I buy the biggest container of plain greek yogurt at least once or twice a week.  I use it for other things besides pudding.  Give it a chance once your tastebuds settle down.

ParisGirl
on 10/18/12 8:07 am
VSG on 04/25/13
 Have you tried to sugar free Torani syrups?  I use the raspberry in my plain Greek yogurt and its awesome!!!  All the best to you!!!

TSinNC
on 10/18/12 8:24 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 So glad you are home and recovering well! Should be ok to add protein powder too stuff if you can stomach it.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

LessOfSarah
on 10/18/12 3:20 pm - Burlington, Canada
VSG on 11/30/12
Congrats Mike!

Just wanted to complement you on a fab blog name, LOL. Looking forward to keeping up with your journey

:)

Interested in my journey? Visit my blog at http://lessofsarah.wordpress.com
Michael L.
on 10/18/12 9:49 pm - Fall River, MA
On October 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, LessOfSarah wrote:
Congrats Mike!

Just wanted to complement you on a fab blog name, LOL. Looking forward to keeping up with your journey

:)
Sarah were blog name brother and sister.... Please know, silly me thought i was being original in trying to find a short domain name. Didn't mean to rob your cool blog name idea. =)

Thanks for the comments, I will follow my new blog sis as well.

God Bless You!!!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

LessOfSarah
on 10/19/12 4:33 am - Burlington, Canada
VSG on 11/30/12
No worries - it's not the most creative name out there, so I in no way thought I'd be the only one ;)

Best of luck with your recovery!

Interested in my journey? Visit my blog at http://lessofsarah.wordpress.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views