no no no no!!!

ashley J.
on 11/21/12 2:23 am - CA
VSG on 06/25/12
Ugh!!! Trying to get my head back in the right place and back on track and what do u know...

I start Feeling hungry! I haven't dealt with this in almost 5 months. I don't want to feel hungry! I want to ignore it and go back into the honeymoon phase and not worry about feeling hungry... gah!!! I don't like the empty feeling and little pangs. I don't want to eat and fill my stomach. Im trying to go back to a more basic approach (like breakfast today was 100 cal of cottage cheese with fruit and a 17 cal scrambled egg white). Lunch is going to be 3 oz chicken. I just wanted to focus on this again and now this comes back

Boo

Ok whiney vent over..

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

acbbrown
on 11/21/12 2:27 am - Granada Hills, CA

Could it be acid? That's the usual culprit. 

I recommend just drinking a lot of fluids - it should help. It wont fill you up but should take away the empty feeling. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

emelar
on 11/21/12 3:04 am - TX

I never had that "I forget to eat" thing going, and it's really not that big of a deal.  After all, hunger pangs are a normal signal from our bodies that it's nutrition time!

Like Allison said, check and make sure it's not acid.  Pepcid AC worked for me, or one of the over-the-counter PPIs.  Drink, drink, drink.  And remember HUNGER IS NOT AN EMERGENCY.  Schedule your meals so you can tell your hungry self that it will be fed again in an hour or two.  If it really gets unbearable, break your meals down into smaller more frequent mini-meals.  And hold off drinking after you eat for as long as possible - it really will help keep the food in your tummy and make you feel full longer.

rhearob
on 11/21/12 3:34 am - TN

Like Allison said - It could be acid.  I started having reflux after about 6 months.  For me I figured it out because I was feeling "Hungry" after eating.  I used OTC Prilosec on my doctors advise.

More than that though, you need to learn to differentiate physical hunger from head hunger.  You also need to learn to trust yourself with dealing with your weight and food.  If you are feeling real, true, physical hunger you need to eat.  You need to eat smartly and sensibly.

If you find that you are frequently feeling hungry, then look at your food choices during meals.  You may need to up the amount of dense protein you are eating so that it stays in your stomach longer. Re-read the pyloric valve post for ideas.  

Physical hunger is like pain.  We may not like it but it is telling us something we need to pay attention to.  Hunger is not the problem, its how you respond to it that can cause the problem.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views