I feel like there is a thunderstorm raging in my belly!

Auveca
on 11/29/12 9:28 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

As I sit here sipping my water before the breakfast liquid of choice, my bowels are rolling and rolling and growling and just making tons of noise.  I haven't passed gas rectally yet, but plenty of burps that were really foul smelling.  (Blamed it on my DH, but he wouldn't even take that!)

Would love to know if this is normal, and if walking will work it out...not in my stomach but in the lower quadrants of my belly.

vabella
on 11/29/12 9:48 pm, edited 11/29/12 9:48 pm - TX

I did experience the rumbling and noises in my bowels also, but i had not pain with mine.  It lasted about 1 week then stopped.  I think it is from the liquid stage.  we will experience more stage things along the way because our tummy's are different and we will be eating different from how we did before. 

jen

Ctteacher
on 11/29/12 10:40 pm
VSG on 11/12/12

I posted a similar question a few days after my sleeve earlier this month.  My tummy was constantly gurgling and growling loudly! It definitely does go away in about a week - just keep walking as much as you can.  Hang in there, it gets better!

Angel1974
on 11/29/12 11:10 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

it is totally normal.  I am six months out and still might get the rumble once in awhile.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

Sleeveless
on 11/30/12 5:11 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

You poor thing, you are just not getting a break. I haven't been having such a rough time of it, but I recommend making sure you are taking your Prilosec/Pepcid, Tums, GasX strips, and that you sip slowly and walk around.

You may not have to walk far or fast, but just keep it going gently. I also have had good luck with standing and pacing while I sip.

I hope you get some relief soon!

Auveca
on 11/30/12 5:55 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Thanks everyone!  Flatus has begun.  I am feeling pretty decent now, not too bad.  Have done lots of walking and still can't shake the headache.  I have managed 28 oz fluid today and a popcicle.  However, I never realized how much air I swallow when I sip...sheesh!  Thanks for all the feed back!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views