Syntax Nectars Protein

MrsRigDiver
on 12/12/12 10:43 pm - TX
VSG on 01/07/13
Hi friends,

My honey and I just received the sample packs of Syntrax Nectars and are lookkng for the best way to mix them so they dont clump. We tried shaker bottles - that's a foamy mess, some times mixing with a spoon works. But, I did that with the Cherry this morning, with ice and its all over the spoon, the cup, on the ice....what should we be doing here?

Thanks.

Thanks, Diana

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney

MargeAD
on 12/12/12 10:50 pm - CA

I was never able to make them so I thought they were not foamy.  I don't care for them.

MuttLover
on 12/12/12 10:50 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

I think I only mixed it in water once, and didn't care for it at all.  So here's what I do:

1. Blender --1 cup unsweetened almond milk, fage yougurt, syntrax powder, and a few ice cubes, maybe a pack of spenda.  Pulverize. This makes one super shake, or two smaller ones.

2. Just mix with Fage yogurt, a pack of spenda and the syntrax -- then eat it.

I called Syntrax to ask how long they recommend storing a shake once it's made, and it was 24 hours.  So you could blend the shakes the night before and leave them in the fridge.  That gives plenty of time for everything to dissolve really well.  I've done that a couple of times.  

Hope that helps!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Pura Vida
on 12/12/12 10:51 pm - Costa Rica

first you have to mix it with a little bit of room temp water with a spoon to make a thick paste, then you can add in more liquid.

I usually make a hot chocolate by mixing the choco truffle flavor with about 3oz of water and then when it is mixed up, I add boiling water (3-4oz) and stir it up...yummy 2x a day for the last 4 Years!

Heather

VerucaSallt
on 12/12/12 10:53 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I just add room temp water, shake them up, add ice and give it 10 minutes to get unfoamy.

Christina D.
on 12/12/12 10:58 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

The only protein shake I've been able to tolerate long-term is Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel. I mix it with water thereby eliminating any extra calories or carbs with this "meal." I put on scoop in a glass and directly from the faucet add water (approx. 3/4 cup) and stir. Really cold water makes it clump...so avoid that. Add ice after you have blended. 

Thanks,

Amy

PS Avoid Caribbean Cooler...its just vile.

Height: 5'4" Current Weight & BMI: 125.2/21.5 Lowest Weight/BMI: 125.2/21.5

Lap Band: 8/13/09 Pre-Op Weight: 245  Weight Lost: 55-60 lbs, band removed 8/2011

Revised to VSG: 8/16/12 Pre-OpWeight: 236 Weight Lost: 110.8 lbs EWL:  121%

Weight Goals: 145 lbs (normal BMI) in 32 weeks. 135 lbs in 37 weeks. 130 lbs in 45 weeks. Fitness Goals: 5 K -- 4 completed in 2013! 10k -- 1 completed 2013! Half marathon -- 3 planned for Spring 2014.

Plastic Surgery: LBL, BA/BL done by Dr. J Barnthouse  9/13.     

Quote: If you find yourself in a hole, quit digging! ~Will Rogers

JAlston
on 12/12/12 11:17 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I got the sample pack and was so excited about it until I made the first one (roadside lemonade). I have only made a handful of them (with water, skim milk or soy milk) and none of them have been pleasant. That is just my experience. The only one that was OK was the cappuccino, I blended that with unsweetened soy milk in my blender. It is very foamy though and that adds to the volume so to me (just had surgery on 12/7) I have no even attempted to drink one yet. 

Good luck!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

dmhe
on 12/12/12 11:28 pm - TX
The fruity ones I mix with water in my bullet and then let them sit for about 5 minutes and pour them over crushed ice.

Chocolate Truffle I mix with almond milk and sometimes add a tablespoon of PB2. The vanilla I mix with almond milk. Cuppuchino I mix with almond milk or water and 2 tablespoons of sugar free coffee mate (peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, french vanilla).

My fav is synthrax matrix mint cookie with sf french vanilla coffe mate & water, sometimes I mix it with decaf coffee.

MrsRigDiver
on 12/12/12 11:49 pm - TX
VSG on 01/07/13
I'm pre-op but Don is post-op. we both work full time do its not likely we'll have access to blenders. It sounds like we need to mix them with room temp water, with a spoon, and then add ice after its mixed.

Ill try that And see how it goes. Thanks everyone *****sponded.

Thanks, Diana

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney

grannymedic1
on 12/13/12 12:40 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I mix the Fuzzy Navel in a 20 oz. bottle, add room temperature water and shake. It does foam but as it sits it goes down. I usually add some Crystal Light orange flavor to it to make it extra "orangey". It is the only protein powder I can gut, except Unjury chicken soup. I actually love both of those and haven't gotten sick of them. If I know I will be away from home and might not get in all my protein from food I just add an extra scoop. It doesn't make it too thick or taste nasty. I may try some other flavors but am happy with what I have.

While in the hospital they gave me Unjury vanilla (which I do not like) mixed with the orange Crystal light and that is pretty good.

Good luck, this trial and error is just part of the process.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 283 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views