I am freaking out and sssoooo mad about weight gain!

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 1:55 am - Webster, MA

Hi my supportive friends on OH,

I am freaking out and half been for the past half hour. I took a shower and afterwards as is my habit I weigh myself butt naked to make sure I have the right weight to log in my weight calendar. 

Well this morning I step on the scale and I freaking GAINED half a pound. Now I know you are probably thinking "what the heck is her problem" but I tell you why I am so upset.

I have stuck to my plan to a T and have not CHEATED IN ANY WAY and try to take in fluids as much as possible and have not even hit a stall and BAM here is the weight gain. I am so P.Oed right now I can't even see straight. Above that my husband is leaving tomorrow to go back to Afghanistan and I am just an emotional mess. OK, have to go, can't cry and type at the same time. 

Hugs to all and thanks for the support,

RIta

Missey J.
on 12/11/12 1:59 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with

Hugs hon

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:10 am - Webster, MA

Thanks Missey.

Hugs,

Rita

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 2:03 am

Rita, gaining a half a pound is absolutely normal.  This is to be expected throughout your weight loss journey.  If you have read my posts from earlier on, you will know that I am pretty hard core, so if I am telling you to relax,  you can believe it.  The weight gain is due to either water retention or not going to the bathroom enough.  You do not lose in a straight line, it goes up a bit then down a bit.  Do not stress over tiny fluctuations and if you do, you have to stop weighting yourself everyday.  I just learned to look for trends.  Thank you to your husband and you for your service.  I am always in awe of people who volunteer to keep us safe.  You have my deepest appreciation and gratitude. 

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:10 am - Webster, MA

Hi Elina,

thanks for the encouragement. I know this is probably more of an emotional issues than a weight issue. I have been crying on an doff for the past 10 min. I am pretty sure it has to do with my DH leaving to go back to freaking sand land and I won't see him again for 6 months or so. On top of the recovery from surgery and tiny weight gain I am just losing it today. 

Hugs,

Rita

SuzyNZ
on 12/11/12 2:04 am
VSG on 09/17/12
It's just a bit of fluid retention. Im a pound heavier this morning too as I did a lot of walking yesterday in the wrong shoes so my legs are a bit puffy.

But my pattern is lose Saturday to Tuesday, stay the same or gain from Wednesday to Friday the lose again from Saturday. This is totally normal. The scale won't always go down, but stick to plan and overall it will

Best wishes to your husband and family

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:12 am - Webster, MA

Thanks Suzy. As I posted a reply to Elina I suspect this is an emotional issue more or less and that little weight gain was just the trigger for me to freak out. Thanks for your feedback though.

Hugs,

Rita

MuttLover
on 12/11/12 2:05 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Don't worry -- water weight floats around and you will always have these little fluctuations.  Just have confidence in yourself -- you know you are doing the right thing.  Don't waste energy fretting about this -- spend the rest of the day enjoying the time with hubby before he deploys!  And we'll help you think of some great ways for the new you to welcome him back home!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 2:14 am - Webster, MA

Thanks Hon, always appreciated your input and I am trying to focus on other things right now, but it is just hard right now.

Hugs,

Rita

acbbrown
on 12/11/12 2:08 am - Granada Hills, CA

It's going to happen often along your WL journey. 

Talk about a freak out - i gained 9 lbs  over a 3 week period and was really FREAKING out - and an x-ray uncovered those 9lbs...4 liters of laxative later, and the 9 lbs disappeared. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 116 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 347 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 397 views