strenuous exercise/military trainingpolce training.

shutterfly
on 12/14/12 2:01 am - vancouver, Canada
looking to see.if ppl were able to train post
vsg surgery in the military or police academy.... thinking of applying post surg.after.weightloss. thoughts???
acbbrown
on 12/14/12 2:09 am - Granada Hills, CA

At least as far as the military goes, WLS is generally a strict bar from being able to join. Not sure about the police academy, but havent heard anything. 

If you check out the Exercise and Fitness forum, you will find several post  WLS people who have trained and completed Ironman triathlons. That's the ultimate endurance exercise -im sure the police academy would be completely doable :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

shutterfly
on 12/14/12 2:13 am - vancouver, Canada
thank you!!!! I am going to check out the RCMP website.and see if it.says.anything.
120wannabe
on 12/14/12 5:29 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 12/04/12
Before my surgery I was in bootcamp, kickboxing and jiu jitsu. Since mesh was put in the area where they removed part of the stomach, that area will take months for full recovery. I should be able to return for bootcamp and kickboxing (with modifications) in a few weeks. Can't wait! The BJJ will not be attempted until April.
In the long haul, I don't see a problem with police. There may be issues with military requirements.

bigred_z
on 12/14/12 1:38 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

I remember eating in bootcamp...couldn't do that after wt loss surgery!!  You had 15 min to shovel in whatever you could get in!  And you needed 3000 calories a day for the **** they put you through! 

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Most Active