Weird Stall - Anyone else have this?

Keith L.
on 12/18/12 1:45 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have been stalled for like 3 weeks now. I thought my stall finally broke about 3 days ago. I suddenly dropped a little over a pound and now I seem to be stuck an the new 1 lb less weight. Anyone else have this kind of stall?

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

AngelaLaBombard
on 12/18/12 1:53 am - NY

This has happened to me from time to time. It will break, just focus on protein, water and exercise. You'll get there :)

Highest Documented Weight - 260lbs

Start of Pre-op Diet Weight - 255lbs

Surgery Day Weight - 230lbs

Goal Weight - 135lbs

I'd rather LIVE my life than EAT it!

nieba
on 12/18/12 2:36 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with

That seems to be my norm lately. I stall for a week or two then drop one or two pounds, then stall again. Hey they way I see it...it is going in the right direction at least. kiss

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

happyteacher
on 12/18/12 3:00 am

It is really common to see this around the 3 month or so mark, so just hang in there.  It was about that time my loss pattern changed from consistent increments to a stair step pattern.  I would go 2-3 weeks with no loss, then 1 week of rapid loss (up to 10 pounds), then back to 2-3 weeks of no loss.  It freaked me out a bit the first time because I was scared I wouldn't lose any more, prayed that it was stair step the second cycle through, and learned by the third cycle that it was going to be just fine.  Just keep working your plan and it will work!  Oh, and hang in there.... 3 weeks is enough to test your mettle for sure!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

TSinNC
on 12/18/12 3:12 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Yep, it happens. Stay on plan and it will break eventually. Hang in there in the meantime!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

dcsabrina
on 12/18/12 6:06 am - MD

I am just over 5 weeks out - when I stalled during week three I saw everyone commenting about the dreaded week 3 stall and a kept focused and held my breath for week 4, when surely the scale would move again. No dice. No movement in week 4, none in week 5 and none as I enter day 2 of week 6 - oh, unless you count how it goes UP by a pound every couple of days and then back down, but never below 190. I have lost 22lbs since just before surgery, which is great, but certainly not what I might have hoped for in over 5 weeks and all of that went in the first couple of weeks. It's getting hard to stay focused and motivated (and no, I'm not shrinking in inches either). I suspect part of the reason is because I am a band revision and my metabolism is just so messed up from the band complications over the last couple of years that my body is still just in absolute rebellion against me. OK - maybe that's paranoid and melodramatic, but it does kind of feel that way. Of course I know even if I'm not losing I still just have to stay with the program, because I absolutely do not want to run into complications with this revision, but yes, I am having that kind of stall, and can totally empathize!!

Lap band July 2008, revised to VSG November 2012.

frisco
on 12/18/12 8:19 am

Now don't take this the wrong way....... Just throwing this out there cause I've seen many fall into this trap......

Is it possible......

My first thought is that you are eating to much.......and to many carbs.....

I have read your post and your a very curious and experimental person (a good thing for the most part).....

My guess would be that you are having a hard time keeping track of your food intake because of the varied foods I see you eating/posting. Trying to maintain a consistent intake a this amount can be very knife edge and easy to be off several hundred calories or way high on your carbs........

Most times when my WL slowed it was because I had introduced a new food.

At your weight and BMI and how far out you are..... roughly 4lbs. a week should be very doable.....

If you really....really want a clear cut answer...... cut your cals and carbs back 25% across the board for 7 straight days

Just something to look at..... 

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Keith L.
on 12/18/12 8:53 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

No experimenting. I have been tracking and measuring everything. I enter any recipes I create into MFP to see what they look like. Now the portion size is a rough guess but not so rough that I think I am eating too many carbs or calories. I am typically closer to 800 than 600. Still at 800 calories and exercising 4 to 5 days per week I should be easily losing 4lbs per week.  I am not really complaining about the stall just thought it broke when I saw the scale start to move again and it went down 1 lb and I appear to still be in a stall. And at 303 it is killing me to not get below 300.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 11:52 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I seem to stall out like this every 20 lbs or so.  I lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week and then once I'm down about 20 it seems to take forever for that to break before the scale starts to move down again.  One thing that's helping me now is that I purchased a new scale that tracks body fa****er, muscle and bone.  Its pretty cool to see that fat% go down and the muscle % go up... even if my weight isn't changing I can see those changes along with the inches.  Like you, I do a lot of exercise.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views