For people near San Francisco

ruggie
on 12/24/12 12:08 pm - Sacramento, CA

Hey... spending a few days in San Fran with my sexy muscled fiance.

What's fun/interesting to do/visit in SF?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

diane S.
on 12/24/12 12:30 pm

as a tourist myself, Alcatraz is awesome.  Pretty mainstream but so interesting. Dr. C loves it.  D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mickeymantle
on 12/24/12 2:22 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

golden gate park is nice and the aquarium and museum

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sleeveless
on 12/24/12 4:36 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

It's fun to have brunch at Green's at Fort Mason. It's all vegetarian, but gourmet. I haven't eaten there since my sleeve, but there should be some sleeve-friendly choices.

Also, if you like The Golden Girls (I love them!), Trannyshack is performing two Christmas episodes until the end of the month. www.trannyshack.com.

The Ferry Plaza is fun too, with good restaurants and vendors and a farmer's market on Saturday.

There should be some good shopping and sales in Union Square, if you're looking for bargains.

And, as mickeymantle suggested, Golden Gate Park and it's museums are always fabulous. The DeYoung Museum is also a must-see.

Have a wonderful time! Let me know if you have any questions about anything specific.

Jarisaunt
on 12/24/12 4:38 pm - CA
VSG on 08/21/12

San Francisco, my birthplace. My parents had excellent taste. Can't go wrong here...tons of cool stuff to do.

Artsy: De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park, MOMA downtown, or The Palace of the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park if you like the Old Masters.

Cultural: The Mission District, Japan Town, the Castro, China town, Little Russia-- just walking the streets of these places is entertaining.

Touristy: Alcatraz, or just a ferry ride on the Bay-- excellent views of the Golden Gate Bridge. Also Fisherman's Wharf (people say it's tacky but I love it) & Pier 39 to watch the sea lions.

Relaxing: Golden Gate Park is really beautiful and a nice place to spend a few hours if you want to get away from the city crowds. You can rent bikes at Stowe Lake, or rent a rowboat and explore.

Check out the Cow Palace schedule online...there are always interesting events/shows going on there.

If you have time and are so inclined, take a 15 minute drive over the GG bridge to Marin and visit Muir Woods...an amazing natural experience.

PM me if you want more ideas.

Height: 5'5"  2 wks pre-op: -15  M1: -20  M2: -18  M3: -12  M4: -13  M5: -8 M6: -10 M7: -2 M8: -10 M9: -4 M10: 0 M11: -3 M12: -3 M13: -14 Start Wt:290 SurgWt:275 (BMI 46) Current Wt:145 (BMI 24) Goal:140 (BMI 23.3)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views