I need to exercise

msmetha
on 4/9/13 6:58 am - MO
I am one month post op and I haven't been exercising at all..most days I feel so drained after doing the smallest thing..my energy level is crap..when I first came home from the hospital, I had loads of energy, now taking a shower is draining..anybody else experience this?
acbbrown
on 4/9/13 7:33 am - Granada Hills, CA

You need to stop for a few minutes and think about the fact that you just had major surgery. One month is nothing - you are barely entering the healing period. It takes time. Your body under went major trauma and your fluids and nutrition is severely restricted  - all of that will make you tired. It took me a good 3 months to get back to normal energy levels. Most docs wont even clear you for exercise until 6 weeks or so - dont worry about getting "formal" exercise - just keep taking little walks to keep moving around and you will slowly build up some endurance/stamina again.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 4/9/13 7:54 am

Acbbrown is right.  Just relax & take it easy right now.  Keep walking when you can, that's all you need in the beginning weeks.  Heal up & recover ... you can start an exercise regimen before you know it.  Your energy will return, promise!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

mary d
on 4/9/13 7:57 am

It's all about healing right now.  Feed yourself nutritious food, drink plenty of filtered water, walk, read, take naps.  Most of your energy should be going into taking care of yourself, eating good food and learning how to take the best care of yourself.  Exercising when you are not physically up to it will not help.  Get your body healed then start slow and keep it up.

Good luck to you.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

DClady
on 4/9/13 9:00 am
I'm one month post op also and feeling the exact same way. I go to school so walking from one building to another on campus is so tiring! I miss having energy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views