Protein Pancake?

BREAZA
on 5/12/13 1:26 am
VSG on 04/24/13
I'm on the mushy food stage and celebrating Mother's Day with family. They are making pancakes and was wondering if it would be ok to have a small pancake mixed with protein powder and topped with strawberries (no syrup).
acbbrown
on 5/12/13 1:31 am - Granada Hills, CA

What do you mean by "ok"?   Can your stomach handle it? Maybe if you eat real slow and chew it. 

Its your life, your plan, your goals - I dont think anyone can tell you whether it's okay or not....is it a good choice? I wouldn't do it, and I didnt come anywhere close to carbs at that stage. You have an amazing window of opportunity with great restriction - use it wisely. The longer you wait before introducing those kinds of foods back  into your life, the better chance of getting to goal you will have. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

BREAZA
on 5/12/13 2:13 am
VSG on 04/24/13
My journey started at 250 lbs. and day of surgery I was down to 216. Today I am 203 lbs. I was able to do it on my own prior to surgery by allowing myself one small treat on special occassions such as today but without straying too far and making a smart choice with regards to the small treat. I kept my surgery a secret and since everyone (family) will be at this breakfast I figured I could make the best of it and do only one small pancake with protein and fresh fruit no syrup. I'm not opting for a cheese burger and fries type of thing. I was simply curious to know if someone had tried it and if their stomach could handle it. You're right, I have a small window of opportunity with regards to restriction. Guess I'll stick to an egg for breakfast.
ArmyWife29
on 5/12/13 2:13 am - GA

Have them whip you up a soft scrambled egg instead...you can even add a little cheese.  I would not do strawberries at this point for sure...I think you will their sweetness and acidity will upset your new tummy.

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

BREAZA
on 5/12/13 2:17 am
VSG on 04/24/13
After having broth, jello, soups, and shakes for what seems so long....eggs and cheese actually sound really good! Today is my first day of mushy foods and so happens to fall on this day so I was stressing about the pancake breakfast with the familia.
Kelly-AnneH
on 5/12/13 2:39 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I would consider it NOW - maybe - but on your first day of mushies? Not a chance. You don't want to ruin your Mother's Day by eating something that'll most likely make you feel perfectly awful.

I couldn't even eat the egg at that point, so make sure you chew really, really well, k? I was allowed small pieces of well chewed melon in mushies - no strawberries until after 30 days.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

ArmyWife29
on 5/12/13 4:20 am - GA

Good for you sticking to your plan Breaza!  I hope you had a great breakfast/brunch even without the pancake :).  The temptations are always there, and you should be proud for coming here first and being talked down from the idea rather then falling prey to the pancake.  Happy Mothers Day!

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

BREAZA
on 5/12/13 9:39 am
VSG on 04/24/13
Thanks! I prefer hard Love and knew I'd find it here. Well I opted for eggs instead and boy was I surprised! I could barely finish one egg when I had to push the plate aside.
Jls8877
on 5/12/13 11:10 am
Great news! At 8 months out, I enjoyed an egg/ham casserole. I too could only eat a small piece. Happy Mothers Day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views