2 days out... Urghhh

Rose_Dawson
on 10/18/13 10:38 am - MN
VSG on 10/16/13
Urrgghhh I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park, but I'm having a bit of a pity party. I understand this will pass, it's only for a little while, it's going to be sooooo worth it - I've learned that from reading everyone's posts (thank you for sharing!). I can't get nearly all of my fluids in, I'm so nauseous, the esophageal spasms are killing me (had an EGD), my energy is zero... I was given anti-nausea meds, but (I know this is so lame) they're suppositories and I'm icked out and not going to even try.
Nothing is seriously wrong, I'm just soaking in a big ol' bucket of whine here. I'm going to just keep reading and trying to absorb some encouragement from your successes and look toward the bright side. But I'm still going to grump a little bit first. Harrumph...

tdallison
on 10/18/13 10:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13
So sorry. It will be better soon

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Chrissy W.
on 10/18/13 10:46 am - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Call. Your. Surgeon. There is NO reason to be uncomfortable when you don't have to be!! You're paying them to take care of you. Ask for something for the spasms. Levsin is a common one and it is sublingual so you don't have to worry about swallowing a pill. It just melts in your mouth (Doesn't taste nasty either! A plus!) Worked like a charm for me. Also, you can request something other than a suppository! Liquids are perfectly safe! Something like Phenergan (promethazine) is a great option if your surgeon will give it to you. Chances are good that if you just call in the morning, they can call new meds in to your pharmacy and you won't have to go in - I KNOW you probably don't feel like making the trek to your surgeon's office.

Also, NO ONE gets their liquids in at the very beginning. Anyone who says that they do must have some Voodoo magic going on! Just take small sips every few minutes (all day) and you'll get as much as you can get. Just don't go too fast, it will hurt :(

Good luck, hon. You're right. This will pass. The worst is over. Welcome to the Losers' Bench!!

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

Debra M.
on 10/18/13 11:15 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
I like a woman who can get a good whine on. You go girl!!!

Machelle.K
on 10/18/13 11:30 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Your right it gets better, and you sound "normal" as this is post op feelings. Hang in there as it is so worth a little bit of a pity party. kiss

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Lovetocruz
on 10/18/13 1:22 pm - Nashville, NC

Zofran comes in a melt away tab, just melts on your tongue.  Call the doctors office, you have paid for his care.

princesswimmer24
on 10/18/13 2:02 pm - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I felt horrible 2 days postop. Each day gets easier and each day you will get closer to your protein, water and weight loss goals. I would definitely call your surgeon. The nausea is tough to handle and I wouldn't want suppositories either. I would ask for Zofran. It was a life saver for me. I was able to put it under my tongue and w/in 5mins I was feeling so much better. It made it easier for me to tolerate the liquid pain meds as well. Hope you start to feel better asap and keep us updated on your progress!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/13 2:25 pm

I posted this VERY thing a few days ago because I was sleeved 10/9/13. I was having regret (you can even see my blog about it) anyway and I have to say I am SO happy now at only 1 week and 2 days out, it gets a thousand percent better. Here is the link to my same forum post if any replies there will help you

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4653587/2-days-post-op -please-say-it-gets-better/

LosingSarah
on 10/18/13 11:40 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yes, I am 3 days out and feeling uncomfortable. I am wining it pain-meds free because they make me sick, and I'm tired all the time, but I do feel a bit better every day.  Just keep reminding yourself that it will get better That's what I keep telling myself. Seeing the scale move quickly is helping me feel better about how crappy I feel.

Hang in there.  I'll be right there with you!  ;)

butterfly3851
on 10/19/13 12:49 am - TX

You know - this was a major surgery - it does take a little bit to get the energy back and tiredness gone.  Listen to the above advice!

Rest, walk, sip, and rest some more.  Every day gets better - ****il you hit the 3 week stall or sometime around there.)  This will pass and so will the stall!!  Keep reading this board for encouragement!

Hang in there - you've done the tough part!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 257 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 323 views