Is it possible to lose 50 more pounds 6 months out?

sdkitty
on 12/12/14 12:25 pm

I'm 6 months out from surgery and I still want to lose about 54 pounds. I've lost 88 and I'm not sure if that's "on track" or not, but I know the weight loss doesn't last forever. I didn't lose any weight at all this past week and it has slowed down so much. 

I just wondered if I'm nearly done losing or is it likely I'll still have time to get to my 150lb goal? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? 

frisco
on 12/12/14 12:35 pm

Yes, 88 in 6 months is right on point !!!!

Keep it TIGHT and you can do it !!!!

I lost 90lbs. after the first 6 months.

I saw Jimbo lose 350lbs. in 24 months.

It's all you from here on out !!!!

Likely not gonna happen if you start adding calories.....

Keep the path a go hardcore !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sdkitty
on 12/12/14 12:50 pm

Thank you. That's good to know. I've been really frustrated lately. My husband and I started out at the exact same weight and we both had surgery at almost the same time. I know you're not supposed to compare,but he's at 175lbs and I'm at 204. I bust my butt walking, tracking my food, avoiding carbs. He does none of those and the weight falls off of him. I'm not one to want attention, but we see people out and they go on and on about his weight loss and mine has never been mentioned, not once. It makes me feel like I'm just not doing something right.

frisco
on 12/12/14 7:16 pm

Congrats on you and your hubs getting it together with WLS and getting healthy !!!

Many couples have both had WLS, but not many at about the same time and you kind of set yourselves up for this.

If you had the same surgeon it should have been explained to you that men "typically" lose faster than woman, not always but in most cases.

That said, woman can "typically" get down to a lower weight.

The second 6 months does get harder and most that are on a 600-800 cal program fair much better than the ones on a 1000-1200cal plan.

It sounds like your doing great and better than hubs overall because you are establishing better long term lifestyle habits that will help you maintain better.

It's not a race and WLS is really not about the WL, it's about keeping the weight off that you lost.

Keep your cals low and keep doing what your doing with consistency and you will get there !!!!

Keep it tight and I think you will have different kind of posting next Xmas !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Gwen M.
on 12/13/14 5:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Guys lose weight differently that gals do.  It sucks, but that's the way things are.  

My partner has lost about 1/3 of the weight I've lost and people will comment on him and not comment on me - it's more socially acceptable to comment on a guy's weight, I think.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

gblakeney
on 12/12/14 7:47 pm

Yes, Ive lost 120lbs in 5 months. Good Luck!

Gwen M.
on 12/13/14 5:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't know why you wouldn't still have time?  It's not like there's some magical weight loss window post op and if you miss it you'll never lose weight again.  You'll keep losing weight for as long as you expend more calories than you intake.  Keep working at it and you'll keep losing weight, sure it might be slow, but you'll keep losing.  I'm 9 months out from surgery, about 12 months out from the start of my lifestyle change, and I'm still losing steadily.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mickeymantle
on 12/13/14 3:00 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

im 1 1/2 year out and still losing , the same 5-8 lb a month every month i aways have been a slow loser but it keeps coming off as long as you work your plan , it just slows down when you weigh less 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kelly Jean
on 12/13/14 8:17 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Frisco is 109% right on most men loose faster ... with or with out wls.... 

And your staying the course and eating the right foods and keeping carbs under control and exercise .... sounds like your doing a great job to me!!! And when you do hit goal you will not have to worry about bargain as much as someone who is all of mer the place not staying the course !!! You got this you will be fine !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

sdkitty
on 12/14/14 7:00 am

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the replies and my stall has finally stopped and I'm losing again so I feel relieved. Every time I stop losing for a bit I get scared I'm not going to lose any more. :/

Most Active