Miracle Noodles?

lianna
on 1/30/15 10:53 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

Yep, I used them when I did low carb once.  Horrible smell, but rinse and throw in soup and they are okay... not good, but okay.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/30/15 12:15 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I've tried them before , I couldn't get past the the odor and texture

Jacquaireanne
on 1/30/15 1:19 pm - Wyckoff, NJ

I haven't tried them yet but I heard that they fill you up, so you lose weight, is that what you heard??? I think since we are not supposed to stretch our sleeves the last thing you'd want to do is fill your pouch up too much. I haven't added vegetables to my diet yet other than a table spoon of spinach a few times. I think I will try some spaghetti squash with a spoon of pizza sauce when I am ready to make that transition to having veggies. If you do have success with the miracle noodles let us know more about it. I am almost 4 months post op and I just bought Garcinia Cambogia to try to push through the stalls in losing that I am having.I am only having 600-800 protein calories and have had weeks with no weight loss.

KayDeeCee
on 2/1/15 7:01 am
VSG on 01/26/15
On January 30, 2015 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, Jacquaireanne wrote:

I haven't tried them yet but I heard that they fill you up, so you lose weight, is that what you heard??? I think since we are not supposed to stretch our sleeves the last thing you'd want to do is fill your pouch up too much. I haven't added vegetables to my diet yet other than a table spoon of spinach a few times. I think I will try some spaghetti squash with a spoon of pizza sauce when I am ready to make that transition to having veggies. If you do have success with the miracle noodles let us know more about it. I am almost 4 months post op and I just bought Garcinia Cambogia to try to push through the stalls in losing that I am having.I am only having 600-800 protein calories and have had weeks with no weight loss.

I am curious to why you are not eating veggies yet since you are 4 months post-op? This isn't a criticism, I am just still learning a lot since I am only 1 week post-op. :-)

5'7" HW 256 (1/6/2014) SW 236.2 (VSG: 1/26/2015) CW 165.5 (01/10/2016) Total Weight Lost 90.5
Pre-Op: -19.8; Month 1: -19; Month 2: -12.7; Month 3: -9.9; Month 4: -7.2; Month 5: -6.4; Month 6: -2.8; Month 7: -3.7; Month 8: -4.2; Month 9: -0.6; Month 10: -2.1; Month 11: -0 Month 12: -2.1

GOALS: BMI Normal = 159 (6.5 to go); 100 LBs Lost = 156 (9.5 to go); FINAL GOAL: 139?? (26.5 to go)

Jacquaireanne
on 2/1/15 3:31 pm - Wyckoff, NJ

I am still not eating veggies because I can only eat about 4 to 6 oz. of food at a time and I was told to start with eating the required amount of protein first at every meal and I'm supposed to have 3 meals and two snacks and only eat when I am hungry. I'm not supposed to graze, which is eating more than five times a day. So I have simply been too full to eat any more than the protein which needs to total between 60 to 90 grams per day. I have started eating a half pkg of instant oatmeal this week but have had to sacrifice the protein from eggs in order to eat it. The Dietitian said to stay in Ketosis in order to lose the pounds.

bellejar
on 1/30/15 1:22 pm

Are you not allowed ANY carbs? If you can have minimal, try spaghetti squash! It's super tasty and a whole cup only has 7 carbs. Though, you will probably only eat 1/4 cup. I have done 1/4 cup with butter spray, garlic, s&p, and one turkey meatball. So so delicious.

Height: 4'9" Surgery Date: 10/28/2014 Pre 2 Week Liquid Diet Weight: 301.5 Day Of Sugery Weight: 290 Current Weight: 242.5 (2/15/15)

Sarah M.
on 1/30/15 2:03 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

These are really great suggestions.  I think once I'm past 3 months or so I can start having up to 35 carbs per day, but the dietician said "no orange vegetables", so I (stupidly) excluded all winter squash.  But spaghetti squash is yellow...and 7 carbs is totally attainable.  Probably the same as the zucchini suggestions (also brilliant)!

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

mickeymantle
on 1/30/15 2:18 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I buy a different brand in walmart , and stir fry  them with veggies and garlic AND SHRIMP

you really need to rinse them off good and try not to smell them uncooked

don't know how you can do no carbs , very low carbs yes but no carbs mean no shakes  and no fruits or veggies or fiber sounds like a plan for constipation 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Valerie G.
on 1/31/15 12:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I thought they were totally gross.  I enjoy an pasta sauces (red and white) with a cooked broccoli slaw instead.  I find this much more palateable than spaghetti squash (spaghetti squash goes better with butter, not pasta sauce, IMO)

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

diane S.
on 1/31/15 1:57 am

If these are the ones that come in a bag of liquid, i have gotten them at health food store.  have to rinse them really well and then dry them out by heating them in a non stick skillet and then add a sauce.  they are pretty good if prepared correctly but you get no protein; just volume. so better to stick to a protein item and zoodles.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views