Show off!

frisco
on 6/30/15 5:05 pm
On June 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM Pacific Time, kairk wrote:

Show off!

That's how I roll'em...... ha !!!

I just ate tuna from a package.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/15 5:07 pm

I make mine like this too and WOW the art of yours makes mine look like a kindergarten student fixes my food. Way to go!

hollykim
on 6/30/15 2:19 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 30, 2015 at 1:08 PM Pacific Time, Linda Paro wrote:

My dr. won't let me have bread.  So what do you make a sandwich with? LOL  I am 4 months post-op and miss sandwich meat & cheese.  Any suggestions?

well you can have all the sandwich meat and cheese you want. It is not the meat and cheese you are missing,it is the bread. There is no real good substitute for bread that I have found ,so I just skip it. 

psychoticparrot
on 6/30/15 9:05 pm

I LOVE sandwiches and always will, but for me, the bread is just not worth the calories, not to mention the carb cravings it sets off. I avoid (not always successfully!) empty carbs like bread, crackers, tortillas, and ALL sweets (much more successful here). I think if you have put yourself through all the trauma of having major irreversible surgery to get healthy and fit, there should be some commitment from you to eat the healthiest foods you can, especially since you can't eat very much of them. Just sayin' is all.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

mmsmom
on 7/1/15 4:41 am - Woburn, MA

Go to an asian market and buy spring roll wrappers - they are 25-30 calories  - fill them like a burrito with your sandwich filling and bake in the toaster oven - you will get the satisfaction of bread without the calories or volume.  I buy very thinly sliced beef tenderloin, cook it - and some peppers and onions and fill it in the spring roll wrappers as well as ham or any other sandwich meats.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Valerie G.
on 7/1/15 4:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Definitely wrap in lettuce and dip in mayo or whatever suits you.  Also look up the recipe for something called "oopsie bread" that makes some kind of substitute for a bun, but it's mostly cream cheese and egg whites.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hl1524
on 7/1/15 6:46 am - Austin, TX

You can use cucumbers and make mini tuna salad sandwiches.

RNY 8/27/2014

grandma_tammy53
on 7/1/15 10:04 am

I used to love bread too and do miss it at times.  I have made the recipe for savory ricotta pancakes on the worldaccordingtoeggface blog site and cut one in half to use as a substitute bread at times.  It's a nice change from lettuce.  I made a batch and keep them in a Ziploc baggie in the freezer so I can just pull one out and microwave it or put it into the toaster to warm it up. 

StephK10
on 7/6/15 6:59 am

In addition to everyone else's great suggestions (which I'm going to try!), did you see Egg Face's zucchini weenies last week?  That might work too!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/celebrate-july-4th-with-wls-recipes

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views