Insurance

Gastricsleevemepleas
e

on 2/7/16 9:28 pm

Hi everyone I'm new here first let me say congratulation to those who have had the vsg  yay and for those who's waiting good luck and i hope everything goes well. Well im trying to see if anyone know if Medcare covers the vsg surgery and if Medicaid does all so Medicare is my first and Medicaid is secondary any information would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

kyzze
on 2/7/16 9:53 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I know that Medicaid will cover surgery because I have a friend who has Medicaid and she had RNY done a few years ago but I don't know that the criteria is for you to qualify for the surgery.

kyzze
on 2/7/16 9:53 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I know that Medicaid will cover surgery because I have a friend who has Medicaid and she had RNY done a few years ago but I don't know that the criteria is for you to qualify for the surgery.

acbbrown
on 2/8/16 6:31 am - Granada Hills, CA

I highly recommend you call your insurance directly so that you can find out 1st hand 1) if it's covered at all 2) what surgery they cover and 3) what requirements they have to get the surgery. 

I've learned hard lessons about not asking enough questions and not asking the right people. While a doctor *can* help you find out if you're covered I have seen lots of docs screw things up and give wrong information. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/8/16 8:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Every insurance plan is different, even if you have the same provider as someone else. They also have different requirements and payment amounts.

The best thing to do is to call customer service-- the number should be on the back of your card-- and ask about your specific plan. You may also be able to find the information in your benefit book, which you can sometimes get online or they can mail you a copy.

If you attend a seminar put on by a surgeon, they may be able to advise you in general, based on what they've seen with their other patients. But nobody but the insurance company can give you a final answer.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views