Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 8/17/17

Erin T.
on 8/17/17 2:59 am, edited 8/17/17 3:05 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! Today is 7 months post op for me. Oh, how much has changed in those 7 months! Today is our campus picnic for faculty and staff. I always grab the kids and bring them over because they have bounce houses and food. I probably won't be eating anything, but they'll have fun.

QOTD: Are you a homebody or a traveler? My husband and I always say that if we could we'd be nomads. We've many times considered, because he works remotely, enrolling our kids in an online school and just traveling. Between the two of us, we are normally traveling a good part of the year for one thing or another. Even our kids find traveling appealing, they don't even shy away from the idea of big moves. I've never traveled overseas though and I'd love to soon. I think the kids are getting old enough now.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\141.8 this morning

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee w/ Miralax (1 TBSP heavy cream in the first cup)

M2: Dannon L&F w/ Sunflower Seeds and Coconut

M3: Emiepie's Egg Salad and Avocado

M4: Pork Chop and Cauliflower

E: Legs and shoulders with my trainer

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Theduffman27
on 8/17/17 4:35 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Menu crew. Brisk morning by the Lake and Mountains this morning.

QOTD - Nomad - I always have to be moving or doing something and love to travel. There is so much to see and do. A beach can get me to sit still. I want to relocate to a climate where I can go to the beach 9-12 months out of the year...LOL.....Give me my beach chair, book, cooler and I am in heaven!

B - Pure protein bar

S - Almonds -

L - white tuna and balsamic

S - Buddig meat

D - Chicken Divane

E - will get in 10,000 steps, not sure on gym or run, depends on weather.

Stay Healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

CC C.
on 8/17/17 5:52 am

Happy 7 months, Erin!

QOTD: I think I'm a combination of the two. I very much like exploring, but I need to recharge in my nest. As I lose weight, my confidence grows and I'm more willing to try new things too.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - chicken

D - shrimp boil

S - cottage cheese

MissNexxie
on 8/17/17 5:55 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Morning all:

My busy, busy week continues and I will definitely feel like I deserve the weekend when it finally arrives. A little weary but good. Sky is clear today but lots of smoke/haze continues from the BC forest fires. My heart breaks for those folks in BC impacted by the fires.

B: coffee w/ cream & Sugar, HB egg

S: homemade protein shake

L: leftover caesar salad and roasted chicken

S: americano misto, swiss cheese, flavored canned tuna (i break food "rules" and eat fish and cheese together)

D: leftover salad (have a lot) and roasted chicken, greek yogurt with strawberries and PB2

E: 30 mins walking

L: 2 L water plus various coffee and tea

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

SallyCat
on 8/17/17 6:11 am
VSG on 10/17/16

We are three months apart. Today is my 10th. Happy 7 month surgiversary.

QOTD: I love to travel. I'm not sure if I'd want to do it full time. I like having a home base -- I just wish the home base were in the mountains of Wyoming or by the sea. Ahh well. I will keep dreaming and taking lots of trips.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: 4 oz turkey carnitas with lettuce wraps and 1/2 oz shredded cheese

D: sausage and zucchini/squa****alian stir-fry

S: chike protein coffee

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

CC C.
on 8/17/17 6:46 am

Happy 10th, Sally!

yvonnef1964
on 8/17/17 8:31 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I had to fast last night since I had lab work done this morning. Im having my coffee now.

QOTD I would like to travel more but finance keep me from doing it. I like being home too.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D cheeseburger no bun, asparagus and strawberry shortcake without the shortcake

S cheeseburger no bun

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 8/17/17 9:15 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Happy Surgiversary Sally and Erin!

QOTD-My mind would like to be a nomad, but my body wants to stay home. I did a lot of traveling back in the 90's, but have done just short trips in the past 10 years or so. I do want to start challenging myself when my last two joint surgeries are done! Good question Erin.

B-Greek yogurt w/raspberries

L-Vanilla protein shake

S-String cheese and a deviled egg

D-Leftover chicken and steamed zucchini, 1 small peach

E-Leaving for a walk with dog when done on OH

New fire close by so the smoke is back again and the lake has an eerie calmness, strange day.

sgg1002
on 8/17/17 9:25 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Happy Thursday, all! Sorry for the absence! I have been uber busy with work, foster puppies and general just chaos lately! :)

QOTD: LOVE to travel. Haven't been able to do much of it the past few years, but I do make time to get to Best friends Animal Sanctuary every fall for the past three years. Looking forward to traveling for a whirlwind weekend in late Oct for my niece's wedding in Austin and then the next week will be out to Best Friends for 6 days.

B: chocolate premier, coffee

S: Colby jack cheese stick, 10 fritos

L: Mediterranean salad with shaved turkey, no dressing

D: ground turkey and mushroom stuffed peppers (minus rice), watermelon cubes

Water, walking and vites/supplements getting it in!

Fredbear
on 8/17/17 9:29 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Quiet day today, waiting for some callbacks.

QOTD: I'm a bit of both, really. I love to travel and visit new (and familiar) places, see the world. But when I'm not travelling I like to be a homebody and putz around the house... reading, writing, having friends over.

B: protein shake

L: spiced up chicken with some broccoli slaw and shredded lettuce/carrots with a wasabi dijon vinaigrette and 1 oz. fat free feta

S: protein shake

D: ???

E: 6k walk and at least 140 flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views