How To Get Out of a Stall???

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:02 am - Simpsonville, SC
So I have been stuck at 229 for almost a week and a half now and its driving me crazy. Is there any way to kick start the weight loss besides being patient lol :P This is my second stall btw my first was at 3 weeks out I got stuck at 250 I believe but it ended with in a week.

halfsister
on 7/21/08 8:06 am - Irwin, PA
Jessica
I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I have been on a stall for about two weeks and it makes me nuts.

Susan S.
on 7/21/08 8:11 am, edited 7/21/08 8:14 am - Roselle, NJ
 Typically - if you increase water and protein - and overall calories - without increasing carbs - particullarly from refined carbs -you can help convince your metabolism that you're NOT starving yourself. This approach is more effective in the early months when calories are very low because of the extreme restriction - but everytime I sat at a weight for a week or more - an increase in calories - protein and water got me going again.  That...and exercise......Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:12 am - Simpsonville, SC
Makes sense.

Kathy_08
on 7/21/08 8:09 am - Roswell, NM
eating more sometimes works but don''t ask me..  i have been stalled for like 2 weeks and then lost 7 and gained 5 from that time of the month and then got stuck there for like a month and a half now.  I also don't eat a lot either..

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:11 am - Simpsonville, SC
I know that I really need to eat more but I can't seem to get in more than 3 meals a day. Sorry not trying to give excuses its just rather hard to get all the meals and fluids in too, I'm still learning. Plus I am NEVER hungry anymore.

sperk
on 7/21/08 8:11 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Are you drinking at least 2 quarts of water everyday? Are you getting in all of your protein? Have you cut the bad carbs out? Are you measuring yourself after these stall and seeing the inches you lost instead of pounds?
Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:15 am - Simpsonville, SC
Each day I drink 2 one liter bottles of evian and 1 bottle of diet white tea, then all of my meals consist mostly of protein the carbs that I eat generally come from soy products or whole grain but I try to stick with the protein first. I am not measuring myself but I think that is a good idea thanks.

Susan S.
on 7/21/08 8:16 am - Roselle, NJ
 Doesn't matter if you're hungry - you need to get it in - and ideally - you maximize a metabolic rate by fueling it every threehours  - mini meals - but if you want to keep yourself fueled and break stalls - you have to get in more.......people stall at the early stage because they are in a state of metabolic shock - your body is protecting itself - only way to get out of it is to fuel more....eat more.  Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Jess B
on 7/21/08 8:29 am - Simpsonville, SC
I still haven't figured out how to get 5 meals a day in and all of my fluids. Then it seems like all I am doing all day is eating and drinking. Here comes more excuses lol, also I am a stay at home mom chasing a 3 year old around so sometimes I honestly forget to eat because I don't get the hunger sensation anymore. I think I need to work on a schedule or something I had to do that with my vitamins because I was forgetting to take them sometimes but I good there now since I scheduled it.

Most Active