Too fat to wipe? Indelicate subject.

BARBARA M.
on 11/18/08 3:44 pm - GARDEN CITY BEACH, SC
This subject might be indelicate; but at my highest weight=292 I could not take care of my personal cleanliness business. To add insult to injury, I have very short arms. I invented a solution to my problems and it has helped me immensely.  I bought a set of wooden spoons.  I took the longest spoon and attached a small amount of the hard sided Velcro to the top end of the spoon making sure the entire circumference was covered. This is to assure that the baby wipe stays on the spoon. When I need to use the bathroom, I put a baby wipe around the spoon and from the front area of my ladies parts I can reach my front section and my back part,too.  Merely, shake the spoon vigorously over the toilet and you'll never have to touch the baby wipe at all. It usually lands in the toilet.  I hope this will assist you all in keeping clean and fresh.  I live for the day that I can throw my bathroom tool away!!  Soon, soon, soon!!

JESUS SAVES ME FROM OVEREATING~GRACE BEFORE INDULGING!!

peace6793
on 11/18/08 7:57 pm - LEXINGTON, SC
LOL I KNOW WE ARE ALL GROWN LOL  BUT JUST GETTING MY COFFEE THIS MORNING AND SITTING HERE READING ABOUT YOUR BUTT WIPE TOOL HAD ME LAUGHING LOLOL  I LITTERALLY ALMOST BURNED MYSELF WITH THE COFFEE   BUT I UNDERSTAND WHAT U MEAN   BUT   YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND GO  I SHARED MY BUTT WIPING TOOL WITH THE WORLD LOOLOLOL NOT LAUGHING AT YOU LOLOLL  JUST AT THE SUBJECT LOLOLOL  IM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THE  BYPASS  AND  I READ ON HERE AND GET SO MANY LAUGHS AND LEARN SO MUCH  I LOVE THIS  PLACE DONT YOU EVERYONE IS GREAT.....  WHATS THE BEST  ABOUT IT ALL  IS THAT WE CAN SEE THAT WE ARENT ALONE IN THIS PROCESS  AND SOMEONE IS ALWAYS AROUND TO HELP 
talksoupslp
on 11/18/08 8:50 pm

At my highest weight of (GASP) 426, I was having some difficulty too.  I had purchased something from an eldercare company (similar to your spoon) for my mom and she never used it...so I used it for a little while.  By the time I lost about 25 or 30 pounds, I didn't need it anymore. 
My caution to you is that baby wipes should not be flushed down the toilet at all...if you have a septic tank, it's an even bigger no-no.  Just FYI.

-Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
QUITEHUMAN
on 12/4/18 6:39 am

I am A 63 YEAR OLD MALE 262 lbs just had two total hip replaces in the past year.Now I have trouble reaching my butt crack to wipe.I think I have strained my back muscle twisting so hard.I do have a shower spray I take and clean the rest.I am trying to stay active riding stationary bike doing work at home wheat I can do.Never thought I would have a problem wiping my butt hate feeling like need more cleaning afterward.HELP.Gained weight due to the replacement now at my age harder to take it off.

RestlessBBW
on 4/5/19 9:10 pm

Hi, I'm severly overweight, 57yr old woman. Buy some long BBQ tongs or just 1 ft long cooking tongs. Make sure they have rubber tips. Put the toilet paper between the rubber tips and wrap the roll around. Works great. You do have to watch that the rubber tips don't come off when you flip the TP into the toilet. Has worked wonders for me!

mittenfarm
on 11/18/08 8:52 pm - County Line, MI
Great idea, but I don't think baby wipes are flushable as they don't break down like TP. But I know what you mean about the reaching thing, I was fortunate that I have very long arms, but at 368 lbs. it was getting difficult even for me. Now I can reach everything easily and no more broken toilet seats either!
-Wanda

Highest -380  Surgery- 345     Goal- 150   Current-150     5 ft. 8 in.

BARBARA M.
on 11/20/08 4:20 pm - GARDEN CITY BEACH, SC
I wanted to assure all of you that I am as green as Kermit the frog.  I insisted on flushable baby wipes.  One of the other reasons, I could not take care of my own cleanlines was that I fell in December, 2007 and broke both of my short arms.  It has taken me aomost a year to heal completely.  Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

JESUS SAVES ME FROM OVEREATING~GRACE BEFORE INDULGING!!

martitalinda
on 11/18/08 9:15 pm, edited 11/18/08 9:15 pm
OMG are you kiddin' me?  That is a great  idea and would have been my next step too - between the broken toilet seats and contorting myself to reach it was almost impossible but I managed to keep nice and clean.  I even pulled my back out once trying to reach.  I was contemplating using one of those grabbers that we use in occupational therapy.  I am soooooooooo grateful that all that is in the past - now I have to hold the seat so I don't fall in (lol).  After my panniculectomy this past September I was soooooooooooo happy to see my LADY that was perfectly hidden under my folds for over 25 years - I had to say 'peek a boo - how are you?' (lol).  Do whatever you must to get the job done.  There are better days ahead.  Wishing you nothing but the best on your journey!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Jennifer K.
on 11/18/08 10:08 pm - Terrell, TX
I think ANYONE with a BMI of 50 or higher could relate to this or most at least.  I'm 5'8" and when I started getting around 350 butt wiping was becoming more of a chore in itself!  I too have short arms AND A HUGE APPLE BUTT!!  That didn't make things ANY easier.  Why did I have to have the huge butt family??  Seriously even the skinny people in my family got BACK!! HAHAHAHA  Anywho...I could still do it, it just took a little bit longer.  Oh and after my surgery OMG my husband was SOOOOOOOOOOO wiping my butt for me!  I couldn't even make the effort to wipe my own butt it was horrible LOL!!  When I was back home and my husband had to go to work, my mother in law was staying with me and I help my bowel movements until he got home...THAT WAS HARD!  ROFL!  Well now that the weight keeps coming off...the but wiping chore isn't so bad anymore.  Thanks for the post and Good luck to you!!
CarolynK
on 11/18/08 10:59 pm - Canton, MI
Oh a girl after my own heart!   I bought the plastic version of wooden spoons and didn't add the velcro and used the flushable wipes like Charmin.

I was 360 at 5'2" and couldn't reach!  After open surgery and emergancy surgery with open wound, I needed all the help I could get!   I was so embarassed though, when a few folks found out.  But better to be embarassed like that then not getting clean!

I spent a month in the hospital and the nursing staff all knew and were good about it.  Some were thrilled cause they didn't have to assist me! 

I was so happy the day I could throw away my assitant!  I think that was one of my happiest most meaningful wow moments ever!

Highest 360  Surgery 333 Current 168 Goal 150
BMI Highest 65.8 Current 32  Height 5'2"
Hernia Repair/TT 9.23.08

Most Active