Feels like I'm sitting on something

makidd
on 1/27/10 8:52 am - Port Orange, FL
 My surgery was a year ago and I am feeling great except that every time I sit down, I feel like I am sitting on something.  I have felt (back there) and can't find a lump or anything.  Has anyone had this sensation?  Could I just be feeling my tail bone that has had lots of cushion for many years?  I know this sounds crazy but I figured if anyone would know it would be people on this list!

Thanks for any help.

Mary in FL
Mary Ada Kidd    
kathyh1
on 1/27/10 8:55 am - Running Springs, CA
RNY on 07/24/08 with
No you are not crazy how many other bones have you found LOL

Peacewithin
on 1/27/10 8:57 am
I was having the same thing to happen and the doctor said it was my tail bone and it will stop feeling weird soon.

Possibly it is from the missing cushion.   Also, possible that you have arthritis in your tailbone????

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

makidd
on 1/30/10 9:38 am - Port Orange, FL
 I didn't know you could get arthritis in your tailbone!!  I know I have it in my hips.  
Mary Ada Kidd    
spedcon
on 1/27/10 9:13 am
I don't know for sure if it's your tailbone but mine started screaming about 4 months out! I had to buy special cushions for my car seat and my office chair. They have a tailbone cut-out so I can survive! It is really painful for me but it is getting better now. Hips are another topic....ouch!   Connie
clsino
on 1/27/10 10:00 pm
Where did you purchase these cushions??  I am absolutely miserable sitting in my office chair all day.  I would rather stand up all day.

Christy

spedcon
on 1/29/10 11:23 am
Hey Christy!
Sorry, I just read your question tonight. I bought this seat cushion in my desk chair from Metro Designs Ergonomic or Sportsmansguide.com. It was 24.97 and well worth it. My only complaint was it's depth. It seems too short. I wi**** came out further in the chair. At first the cushion seemed strange but my tailbone was so relieved of pain that for months I've never been without it in my desk chair and because of that, I sit more comfortably everywhere else. I bought a cushion from Kmart for my car but it flattened out in no time. The chair cushion actually has a cut-out where the tail bone is and it is great! It has not squished any yet and I've had it for months. I hope you get some relief soon...it came fast when I ordered it. Good luck, let me know if you get it and if it helps!     Connie
mst42
on 1/27/10 9:46 am - Ithaca, NY
My tail bone hurts all the time now . . . I just literally just commented on my butt hurting!

teggypoo
on 1/27/10 9:52 am - Nor Cal, CA
That is so funny!!  I too just found out I had a tailbone, Ok I knew I had one but we have never been aquainted until just recently.  Last night I made the hubby look at it to see if I had a bruise!!!!! 
          butterflyemergingfromc.jpg picture by teggypoo  
Most Active