How do you get 100 g. of protein in per day?

Patiurple
on 2/10/10 1:17 am - Wheatland, OK
I have to get 125 in daily...so this is my tric
bkfast a pure protein bar 20 grams
2 hrs later a meal replacement 28 grams
2 hrs later jerky 15 grams
2 hrs after that another pp 20 grams
2 hrs after that either nuts or string cheese 15 grams
dinner chicken or turkey 22 grams
then snack nuts or jerky 15 to 20 grams

the times are varied but i do get it in..I dont do slams or bullets the protein according to my nutritonist is not a good source...plus the taste is nasty

being healthy has its rewards....take the challenge and just do it
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/10 1:17 am - Woodbridge, VA
I do best when I aim for 150 grams of protein daily. To get htere, I usually include 2 shakes during the day with at least 30g protein each.

You're only just over a month out, though - don't push for too much too quickly! 60 is great for early out. Just try to build on that as you go along over the next couple of months.
my4sons911
on 2/10/10 2:53 am - Russell Springs, KY

There is no way that I can eat this kind of volume or every two hours, I asked my doctor and he said 80 grams is a lifetime goal not for right now.  I know I cannot eat every 2 hours I do good to eat every 4-5 and that is usually a challenge after a few bites, just hang in there, my Dr. says to listen to my body that it will tell me when enough is enough and never force it so I do not get back into my old eating habits.

vitalady
on 2/10/10 4:05 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
180g

30g per shake, 6 per day

I don't count calories or fats. Just protein, sugars, serving sizes and number of meals

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

rbb825
on 2/10/10 11:19 pm - Suffern, NY
Don't you ever eat? Isn't it unhealthy to only drink shakes?  My NUT said I could still have shakes but no more than 2 per day, I need to have the rest of my protein in food.  I usually only have 1 shake for breakfast, especially in the winter = it is too cold to drinkt them. I shiver for a half an hour when I am finished.

vitalady
on 2/11/10 2:27 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
6 meals per day, 6 shakes

some days, 5 meals, but then, define: meal.

OTOH, our doc said not to count food (and subsequent experiments on myself show him to be quite correct). So, if I do get any benefit of protein foods, it's minimal.

And then, I don't LIKE meat 'n fish so much,. Never did. I do like a good steak now and then, but not enough to sustain any levels.

In 2007, I did all protein foods (meat/fish/chicken, low carb bar (as in 2g carb)) plus my 6 drinks. In 6 months, my protein budged only 0.1. 6 months later (so 1 yr), it had budged again only 0.1 . So, eating more protein foodss, in essence, didn't provide enough change for me to force feed myself food that largely grosses me out, KWIM?

So, my "meat" is chocolate, and I prefer fruits/veggies with a smattering of "flesh". Given a choice, I'd take an all veggie stir fry over one with meat. If I have left over meat, I make it all together, but usually pick out the meat. LOL

Have you tried a warm protein? Not hotter than 160 deg, so regular coffee pot hot, no commercial pots or red switch on a cooler. My Insta Hot is about 163.

Do not SHAKE this. WEll, only once, then yu get to clean your ceiling. Stir, or I use a hand blender or moo mixer type thing. I tried the bullet once, blew the gasket. LOL Lesson: do not seal hot beverages. LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

rbb825
on 2/12/10 11:56 am - Suffern, NY
I did make hot chocolate the other day with protein powder in it.  It didn't taste too bad.  I mixed the protein powder with a few ounces of water in a small cup and then made the sugar free hot chocolate in a mug.  Then I mixed the too together.  No blender used.  Just mixed with a spoon.

vitalady
on 2/12/10 12:27 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I make all mine to 30g. If you get protein here, all are marked with the "scoopage" to approximate 30g.

Odd as this sounds, if I use coffee straight from Mr. Coffee, I'll get lumps. If I pour it into my cup, then into the protein, I never do. Now, that is just crazy, unless my cup is just cool enough to bring it down 2-3 deg?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

poet_kelly
on 2/10/10 4:29 am - OH
I get about 80.  I do something like this:

Breakfast- protein shake 20 grams protein 200 calories

Lunch-leftovers from dinner the night before, about one cup of food.  Something like vegetarian chili, some kind of beans, stirfry with veggies and Morningstar fake chicken, etc.  About 15 grams protein and about 300 calories

Dinner-see lunch.  About one cup of food, 15 grams protein, 300 calories

Snack- usually another protein shake, 20 grams protein, 200 calories.  Sometimes Greek yogurt or something else.

Snack- usually a handful of pretzels and some cheese, about 10 grams of protein and 250 calories

Total = about 1250 calories and about 80 grams protein

Kelly
Valerie G.
on 2/10/10 6:36 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If I show you the calories, you'll choke (and I don't count calories anyway), but I eat it all with real food.

B - a cup to a cup and a half of Ricotta Fluff (my profile has recipe) = 20-30g of protein
S - carbmaster yogurt = 12g
L - Chicken burrito bowl from chipotle, sans the rice, with pinto beans, salsa, sour cream, cheese and guacamole = 47g
S - Something sweet most likely with around 6-10g
S - Fried queso blanco = 30g
D - 3-4 oz of meat with veggies and a bite or two of whatever else I want - 30g roughly.

Did I mention that I hate protein drinks?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active