throwing up bile!

spoiledrotten
on 4/25/10 10:51 am
Could some one tell me if the pouch should have bile in it? My understanding was the pouch should not have bile in it! for the past 2 days I have been throwing up bile! I don't put much in my pouch as I have a feeding tube and that is were my food and meds go! Please any help or info on this subject would help>>>>>>>>I am waiting for a reply

Andrea U.
on 4/25/10 10:54 am - Wilson, NC
No.  The pouch would not have bile in it normally.

Butterfly Reborn
on 4/25/10 10:56 am

vomiting bile?

Go IMMEDIATELY to the ER!!!!

Call your surgeon en-route to let him/her know what is happening and where you are going! 

Do it NOW!

NOW! 

Let us know you are okay! 

I have two sides to my brain - a right side and a left side.  The trouble is sometimes there is nothing left in the right side and nothing right in the left side.
Post-Op RNY 6.5 years
HW 252  GW 140 CW 140

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/25/10 11:15 am
I hope you are already en route to the doctor, and second what Butterfly said. If you have a blockage that can be very serious, and the sooner you are seen, the better.

Do not wait for replies on OH, go now.
TiffanyRN
on 4/25/10 12:23 pm - Katy, TX
Dude, hopefully you are in the ER or admitted to the hospital already. If not, GET TO THE ER NOW!!!!! Vomiting bile = buttload of trouble!

Tiffany 

Donna B.
on 4/25/10 12:57 pm - Round Lake, IL
RNY on 05/11/10 with
I'm with everyone anytime with or without surgery vomiting bile is a definate ER visit...
SayNo2Me  (Donna B)
SW - 257.5 - / CW - 152.0 - / Surgeon's GW - 160                                                                  
designera
on 4/25/10 5:42 pm
Just wondering why vomitting bile would result in an ER visit. There were many times pre-op I would vomitt bile and never went to the ER. I also had a dumping episode where I vomitted bile...is this a sign of something serious?

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

fcyankee
on 4/25/10 11:12 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Simply put-you have two stomachs with the RNY. and only one of them has bile. This is not the one that you should be throwing up out of-and if you are-it requires a trip to the emergency room, because something is wrong. Bile is a greenish color, and because is is delived to the bottom stomach in an RNY patient, vomiting bile from the top stomach is very very bad.

Jackie McGee
on 5/9/11 12:41 am - PA
Hon, if you're throwing up actual bile, it means you're having some sort of pyloric sphincter problem because bile is an enzyme that goes directly into your small intestine, about six inches or so after the stomach, so there's no reason why it would be in your stomach on purpose - get to the ER.

Chances are what you think is bile might be mucus from an infection (gastritis, the flu) or stomach acid from an ulcer, things like that.

Since you have a feeding tube, get to the ER and see what's going on so they can fix you up before things get worse.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

designera
on 4/26/10 1:02 am
So bile is not a yellow color? Cause I had the flu last week and threw up a yellow colored nasty substance. It was not green.

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

Most Active