Excessive Smelly Gas

jcl2808
on 2/17/11 1:12 am - Marshallville, OH
I am 10 months out from my rny.  I have no dumping syndrome but I have excessive smelly gas.  I have tried gasx, beano, devrom, flat-d,   I am sure this is diet related and have tried to cut out all sugars and fruits.  I don't think it is lactose intolerance either.  Does anyone else have this and what more can I do?
Phyllis C.
on 2/17/11 1:16 am
Are you trying to start some ****  No pun intended.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

birthdaygirl
on 2/17/11 1:57 am - Lithonia, GA
On February 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM Pacific Time, Phyllis C. wrote:
Are you trying to start some ****  No pun intended.
OMG!....too funny!.....freshly post-op over 2 years a go I thought one was a "fart" but was much, much more!

never trust a fart! best advice I was ever given post-op!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
cajungirl
on 2/17/11 1:16 am
I haven't had much problem with gas overall when I've had it though it hurt bad.  I know that white carbs in excess will make me gasy.  Don't rule out lactose intolerance either, I have problems with milk ONLY other dairy I'm ok with.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

walter A.
on 2/17/11 1:30 am - lafayette, NJ
USED to be a major issue for me preop, but i solved it with nuevela with probiotics sweetner.  a sister product ot slenda, ended it, and it carried over through surgery,
birthdaygirl
on 2/17/11 1:55 am - Lithonia, GA
On February 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM Pacific Time, jcl2808 wrote:
I am 10 months out from my rny.  I have no dumping syndrome but I have excessive smelly gas.  I have tried gasx, beano, devrom, flat-d,   I am sure this is diet related and have tried to cut out all sugars and fruits.  I don't think it is lactose intolerance either.  Does anyone else have this and what more can I do?
it is normal post-op...most likely to happen after consumption of carbsjust try to say excuse me and keep it moving!

best advice......never trust a fart! and febreeze is a must!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
WASaBubbleButt
on 2/17/11 2:22 am - Mexico
On February 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM Pacific Time, jcl2808 wrote:

You say you 'tried' to cut out all sugars, did you succeed?  White carbs are notorious for this in folks with malabsorption.  What about flour?  That's another killer for many.

Probiotics seems to work for many.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
jcwisor
on 2/17/11 4:14 am - Sacramento, CA
Ahhh, the farting issue. I just say "excuse me" and either move on or giggle like an idiot. I notice when I cut out or down the carbs my gas is less offensive. I've never had the exprience that fruit makes it worse - its really the carbs like oh bread, pasta etc. That stuff will make my gas so bad the dog will leave the room. =)
phred
on 2/17/11 5:07 am - CO
It's not the initial fart, it's the damned hang time that kills you!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/11 6:13 am - San Diego, CA
If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it.

Phred I totally thought this was part of your reply...which topically might have been fitting but strange advice!  LOLLLLLLL

Most Active