Burping, throwing up burbing throwing up tell me it gets better

Gracieteddy
on 4/1/11 2:21 am - IA
I am two weeks out and have the episodes of burping and throwing up. when it is over ( can take hours I have to play catch up with my fluids can'r get my protein in. It was been worse the last couple of days.

Lucycat
on 4/1/11 4:08 am - Lewiston, ID
Hi Gracieteddy, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  I found that when I slowed way down with my sipping and eating liquids, this stopped.  Don't know if that's what is going on with you, but just take little sips and eat real slow.  This does get better.

Gracieteddy
on 4/1/11 8:47 am - IA
Thank you I have been doing little by slow. I had sopped taking the anti nausea because I was doing OK. Today I started back on and it is helping. I think it has to do with the reflux I am having at night. I seem to have the problem in the morning.

walter A.
on 4/1/11 4:45 am - lafayette, NJ
too bad your doc didnt leave you with a feeding tube, use mine for 8 weeks and had non of that crap.  its about comfort. some docs dont care.
Gracieteddy
on 4/1/11 8:49 am - IA
So how was that for you when you started drinking?

Gracieteddy
on 4/1/11 8:57 am - IA
Where did you have your surgery?
walter A.
on 4/1/11 9:33 am - lafayette, NJ
it allowed for more volume when my stomach was full, or sensitive. the feeding tube allows you to inject liquid directly in to your intestine,painlessly.  Dr Antone is in Omaha ne.
Marilee M.
on 4/1/11 5:21 am - Holly Springs, GA
Ask your doctor to prescribe some anti-nausea medicine.  There is phenagren, zophran and the transdermal patch that you put behind your ear.  If one doesn't work for you, ask for another one, cuz many times either phenagren will work the best for some people and other times, zophran.  The patch is the easiest and you only change it every 3 days.

Gracieteddy
on 4/1/11 8:51 am - IA
Thank you! I started back on the Zophan and have done better this afternoon.  I am keeping my finger crossed!
emelar
on 4/1/11 6:20 am - TX
You're eating too much, too fast - one or the other or both.  The burps are a sign for many people that they're full.  Take smaller bites and slow down. 
Most Active