Lab Results?!?!

Rubes001
on 4/7/11 7:28 am - Houston, TX
First let me vent for a second: My appointment was at 2:45 today and by 3:45 I still had not been seen by my doctor, so I asked for my labs so that I could leave and go back to work.  I hate that businesses treat us individuals like our time isn't worth much.  If my doctor was running behind schedule (as I was told) then would it be too much to give me a courtesy call to see if I can come a little later instead of having me sit there like an idiot?? One of my pet peeves is people who don't respect my time!!!! I hate it.

Anyways, they gave me my results.  For some ODD reason my total cholesterol and LDL are high (217, 151). I've never had high cholesterol....EVER.  Hmm? I gotta check that out.

My B12 was really low, 352. Even though it shows on the normal range on my labs, I know that it should be between 900-1100.  So now I have to start taking my sublinguals everyday or get the shot.  I think I'll try the shot.

I was anemic before WLS and so I take chewable iron tablets daily.  I was curious to see those reults as well.  However, its nowhere on this chart, unless I'm missing something.

My calcium was great and my vitamin D results are still pending.  The nurse said that they would call me tomorrow.

She also recommended that I come back next week for an appointment to see my doctor.  I'm so frustrated that he wasted my time, that I don't even want to.  He can call me or I can call him and we can discuss all this over the phone.  Ugh.

Anyways, any feedback on my labs or why my cholesterol is all of a sudden an issue is welcomed....

Thanks!
-Ruby H.

Visit us at www.HintonFamily.OrganoGold.com

HW/SW/CW
281/265/173

Hi Ruby -
I found this when I googled reasons why cholesterol would go up.  Not sure how old you are, however, are you going through menopause?  Since that can increase your bad cholesterol too.

The main cause of high blood cholesterol is eating too much fat, especially saturated fat. Saturated fats are found in animal products, such as meats, milk and other dairy products that are not fat free, butter, and eggs. Some of these foods are also high in cholesterol. Fried fast foods and snack foods often have a lot of fat.

Being overweight and not exercising can make your bad cholesterol go up and your good cholesterol go down. Also, after women go through menopause, their bad cholesterol levels tend to go up. There is also a rare type of inherited high cholesterol that often leads to early heart disease.

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

lovdabluz64
on 4/7/11 8:17 am
 I feel the same way about someone wasting my time too...it is ridiculous and they all double book!  Is this the first time you got blood test results back?  The iron should be listed as ferritin.  What kind of chewable are you taking? Has it helped you?  I am anemic too...seriously anemic.  My ferritin got down to 2.  I had to have a blood transfusion and then a central port put in and 2 rounds (12 per round) of infusions from a hematologist in the past 2 years!   I had roux n y back in 2005.  Any one else have this issue?  
kyutzy
on 4/8/11 1:13 am - Arlington, TX
I think that I have been anemic my whole adult life.  Neede blood after 2nd son's birth.
Since WLS I have had 12 blood transfusions.  One on Thanksgiving day and one two weeks before Christmas.  My level was 5.  Luckily I already had a port in due to hip surgery in Nov. and receiving IV antibotics 3 X daily for 6 wks.  I am sorry that you are going thru this.  My labs last month were good.  Iron and RBC were low normal but normal.
Most Active