Eating Disorders - Not Just For Younger Women Anymore

Batwingsman
on 4/10/11 3:44 am, edited 4/10/11 3:48 am - Garland, TX
  Anorexia, bulemia, etc. used to be afflictions primarily affecting adolescent-age females, but times they are a-changin', according to this news article:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/09/eating-disorders-becoming -more-common-in-older-women/

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Not a surprise ... too bad we are such a screwed up society and woman are pushed to these extremes.  I do my fair share of tabloid garbage reading and one of my pet peeves is when they berate someone like Jennifer Love Hewitt for being fat (seriously, are you kidding me?) and then on the very next page they pick on another celebrity that is anorexic like.  So what is exactly "the right size" and where are all these "perfect" people that dictate what that is? 

While I understand these are illnesses at the end of the day, it is very sad that someone in these women's lives probably pushed them to an eating disorder. It could have been a sibling, a parent or a an encounter with a complete stranger that may have left them scarred to do some serious damage to their body. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

Most Active