The Difference Two Years Makes

Hermosa L
on 4/18/11 1:55 am
Surgery is a personal choice.. and I choose the band.. I lost 100 pounds in approx 14 months with my band then I maintained my weight loss for awhile lost an additional 6 pounds then the my life was struck with the most devastating news..my dad landed in the hospital on Thanksgiving and eventually passed away on Christmas.. I gained twenty pounds in the meantime.. I can name every pound 1. danish cookies 2. cheetos 3. snickers.. etc
I slipped into some old habits and wallowed in food and my pants didn't fit and that made me even more depressed so Jan 1 .. I stopped turning to food for comfort because it didn't comfort me anymore like it did.. and I was eating to eat it but most of didn't even taste good.. It was like I was doing it out of spite.. but spite for what??? (ps. cheetos always taste good)

With my band I ventured on this journey of self discovery.. I have learned so much about myself.. and I'm so grateful... I'm changing the person, I'm changing how I approach food.. every day I have to make good choices.. and 8 out of 10 times I do.

I don't post on this board much but at the end of the day we are "heavy" or "obese" people try to attain weight loss for a healthier future..

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

I have lost more than 1/2 of the weight that I have gained back but due to my exercise I'm actually a smaller size now then I was when I weighed less.. I have approx 40 pounds more to lose that I hope to accomplish by the end of the year.

ANNI D.
on 4/18/11 1:58 am
Wow, what a difference some determination can make!! I hope, like you, I continue to make good food decisions because you look gorgeous!! Way to go!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

martitalinda
on 4/18/11 2:13 am
 Congratulations!!!!! Sorry to hear about your dad ... It is so good to get the focus back... you have done AWESOME and are beautiful ... tan hermosa (bella) como tu nombre....

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Cindy T.
on 4/18/11 2:25 am - Newaygo, MI
Fabulous! Keep working that tool!
neweyeswideopen
on 4/18/11 4:16 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow! You look fab! Not only that but about 10 years younger. Keep it up! 
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

mollypitcher08
on 4/18/11 4:23 am
Hermosa thanks for posting and am very sorry for your loss.    Emotions can wreak havoc over us most especially if we are sensitive  to that and respond by eating as I know I do.  Congraatulations on realizing and trying to correct your gain.  You are doing great and look wonderful.  I only wish I could do as well or look as great as you do! Best of luck to you and thanks for posting.  Take care  Mary
Kelly P.
on 4/18/11 4:31 am - Morrisville, NC
Life hands us many hurtles but each makes us stronger if we just but allow them.  While you had a bit of a slide, even that slide has taught that you can handle anything. You look amazing - thankyou for sharing.
What a journey...I will make it!!!

Lin_2
on 4/19/11 6:10 am
Your story is inspiring! Life has its ups and downs. I'm encouraged (as someone facing WLS) by your resilience and success.
Thank you for sharing!

Most Active