WLS books?

kleineliebe
on 4/26/11 1:44 am - PA
Hi All,
I've been reading all kinds of posts (specifically about VSG in MX.) This is my first post! 
I'm scheduled for surgery on May 28th at Jerusalem Hospital with Dr. Almanza. I'm nervous and thrilled at the same time.

I was wonding if anyone could recommend any books regarding WLS. Books that might have helped you prep and/or help you through recovery? 

Thanks so much!!
paria
on 4/26/11 2:06 am
I HIGHLY recommend this book for anyone considering weight loss surgery

Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies [Paperback]

Marina S. Kurian   Marina S. Kurian (Author) Visit Amazon's Marina S. Kurian Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author Are you an author? Learn about Author Central (Author), Barbara Thompson (Author), Brian K. Davidson (Author)

Good Luck

Nicolle
on 4/26/11 2:28 am
Unless you want the DS. I found their information lacking.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

neweyeswideopen
on 4/26/11 4:18 am - Cedar Rapids, IA
I liked WLS for dummies..but I found all the information in the books I have listed online. Just take the time to look, bookmark pages and ask questions. Be warned if you do want to purchase paper books, look at them carefully before purchasing..some are a load of crap.
"To dream, I must imagine pure joy, belive I can achieve perfection, and take pride in a life changing journey" - ME

Lucycat
on 4/26/11 6:26 am - Lewiston, ID

kendra.m123
on 4/26/11 12:20 pm - Barrie, Canada
 I really liked Weight Loss Surgery Connection by Melissa Debin-Pari**** is written by someone who has actually had surgery rather than by doctors, so i found it a bit more personal and realistic of expectations post surgery.
kleineliebe
on 4/26/11 11:24 pm - PA
I do have tons of things bookmarked online - for some reason though it's a little more comforting to have it all bundled in a book. I found a few books at the library last night! Thanks for the input!
Most Active