Sharing a "Food" tip I saw on TV!!

Funin AZsun
on 4/28/11 10:33 am - AZ
While working out at the gym the other night, I glanced up to one of the TV's to see "The Biggest Loser" on.  They were in the kitchen and learned a good trick I thought I would share.  They were making healthy protein filled wraps and instead of using a high fat spread like mayo, they used Hummus!!!!  What a clever idea, especially with the different flavors available.  A healthy way to add some moisture to the wrap!!! I am not a huge fan of Hummus, but I bet it would taste good used this way!!!!

Just wanted to share!!
Holly
Goal weight reached 12/7/09 ~ 155lbs 5'8"
267 / 155 / 145
SW / GW / CW

"Cat hair is considered a condiment in this house"

Laura S.
on 4/28/11 11:15 am
That does sound like a good idea, think I will have to give it a try.  Thanks!

Kathleen W.
on 4/28/11 11:18 am - Lancaster, PA
That sounds good on any kind of sandwich, not just wraps. Great idea!

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

sfmini
on 4/28/11 11:42 am
One of my favorites, turkey ham wrap with hummus. ymmmmm!

jenysez1
on 4/28/11 12:50 pm - LA
I bought some different flavor hummus the other day.  I have never tried it, but thought it would be nice source of protein. 

Thanks for the tip,  Jenny
MsBatt
on 4/28/11 12:51 pm
Hummus tastes like dirt to me. Seriously.
CanuckPlantFan
on 4/28/11 1:13 pm

Have you tried the real stuff with tahina, lemon zest, tons of garlic?

I love hummus, but I'm bad with condiments. I'd probably eat cardboard if it had bechamel sauce on it.

MsBatt
on 4/28/11 1:23 pm
Well, I've had it in Middle Eastern restaurants---I guess it was the 'real stuff'. I just hate chick peas.
RainyDayWoman
on 4/28/11 4:07 pm - Fridley, MN
Hummus is often pretty darned high in fat.  In fact, in the Arab restaurants here, they even drizzle olive oil all over the top of it too.  I like it whether it's oily or not, but just wanted to mention that it can be a calorie bomb if you're avoiding fat.  I have a DS so I don't care if it's fatty or not.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 5:59 pm, edited 4/28/11 7:33 pm - TX
May be, Hummus will be tasty. I have never tried. But i am a fan of biggest looser. This type of reality show is not an absolute solution for obesity. It only makes awareness about obesity and its consequences. So if you want to wipe out your obesity problem contact a diet consultant.
Most Active