OT/my ex-in laws SUCK!

Maria612
on 5/7/11 1:34 am
My ex husband is in prison for 20 years for molesting children. His own included, may he rot in hell.  Anyway, it is my sons 16th birthday and they sent him a card-no money-nothing. He is 16-he has needs.  I do not get child support-I work like a dog-support my 2 children by myself, and we struggle, bigtime. They have money. Do ya think they could spare a few bucks for their grandchild? I am hurt.  thanks for letting me rant.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 2:18 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I think it's nice that they remembered your son on his birthday by sending him a card. Just because they have money doesn't mean they have to send it to their grandson.

A lot of single moms struggle big time, but I think you are going to set yourself up for a world of hurt if you expect people to give you or your children money just because they have money. That is not the way you should be thinking and you really don't want to pass this line of thought down to your children.

Hopefully things will start looking up for you soon and yes...May your ex husband rot in hell.

Karen M.
on 5/7/11 2:23 am - Mississauga, Canada
Nice response. I wasn't even sure where to begin. lol xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 2:26 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Well hopefully she won't be upset about my reply and will take it as it was intended.
Maria612
on 5/7/11 2:27 am
I was married to their son for 25 years, and was nothing but a loving wife and mother. I will kindly disagree because we are in the shape we are in because of his disgusting behavior, and HIS consequences, not mine. Why should his children suffer because of what he has done?  They will always be ****** up because of what HE did.  And they support HIM, not his children who he molested since they were young. So again, I disagree with you.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 3:20 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Maria,
 Them supporting their son is DESPICABLE and yes, this will affect them for the rest of their lives. The best thing you can do for your children is to first get them and you into therapy if you haven't already and to lose the dumb **** grandparents.

It's great your children have you fighting and advocating for their needs, but you don't need or want those grandparents or their money in your lives. Ditch the low life MOFO's and start the long long healing process for you and your children.

If you decide to allow your children to continue a relationship with the grandparents then PLEASE make sure they are supervised visitations only.
Renee B.
on 5/7/11 2:29 pm
 Agreed

HW282 SW272 CW170 GW150 "I am allergic to carbs. They make me break out in fat.    

sturgeon082
on 5/7/11 2:58 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
I understand you are hurting and you want to protect your children as any mother does. But I think you are just wasting your time with the in-laws, I totally understand how you are feeling being in a financial bind and no one helping but I think maybe re-direct your anger and look at the possitive that this man is out of your childrens lifes and will never hurt them in that way again! Stand up and dust your self off...
 I really hope you are able to move past the hate, it's never a nice stress to be in when you are trying to get healthy by loosing weight.
turningpoint
on 5/7/11 4:32 am

Sorry you are uspet by the ex-in-laws behavior, but it it their $$$, they get so use as they choose.  Giving $$$ to kids & grandkids is an option, not a requirement.

Rather than waste time & energy on being mad at them, move on...they are likely as worthless as their son, after all, who raised him to be the molesting A.hole that he is?

My DD got nothing from her grandparents while they lavished thousands of $$$ on the other grandkids...in front of her because we adopted her so she wasn't a "real" grandchild. So yeah, I know about the hurt and the moving on.

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 6:55 am
 I get that you would like for your son to be able to enjoy his birthday.  I also know that there is very few things a 16 year old boy enjoys than a little folding money...However, as a young man- there is the stirrings of pride and self sufficiency and a lesson to be learned which in my family got distilled into "If you take their money, you have to take their ****".  He may be able to do less without his grandparents handout, but if they did, they would probably remind him of their generosity as reasons why he should love them.  Without it- what he does, he will own and he will not have to begrudgingly admit he was helped by anyone.  That's far more valuable than cash or at least it will be someday.  It does suck that it has to be a struggle. Best to you and yours.
Most Active