Atheist Devotional #246--Kevorkian Dies

LeaAnn
on 6/4/11 10:56 am - Huntsville, AL

Most people either love me or hate me.  I'm glad you love me! 
MsBatt
on 6/4/11 12:00 pm
On June 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM Pacific Time, LeaAnn wrote:

Sadie loves you. And, probably, hates you, 'cause you're that awful woman who first stuck a needle in her butt. (It's become a very well developed butt, by the way. Quite muscular and firm. She's the toast of the town. Best looking dog in the WP.)
LeaAnn
on 6/4/11 3:16 pm - Huntsville, AL
On June 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:
On June 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM Pacific Time, LeaAnn wrote:

Sadie loves you. And, probably, hates you, 'cause you're that awful woman who first stuck a needle in her butt. (It's become a very well developed butt, by the way. Quite muscular and firm. She's the toast of the town. Best looking dog in the WP.)
Image hosting by Photobucket
ANNI D.
on 6/4/11 8:14 am
I remember in my middle school years all the hoopla and protests etc. I remember all the times he went to court and it was all over the news. As a pre-teen I didn't understand what all the protest and uproar was about. A man helping people to die that wanted to? Especially terminally ill and chronic pain sufferers? I thought what he did was honorable then and I still do now. To me, no person ,who actually would sit and think about the cir****tances/situations, could say Dr. K was doing anything wrong. He will be missed, a pioneer for the humane treatment of our own.
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

LeaAnn
on 6/4/11 10:58 am - Huntsville, AL
zoodriver
on 6/4/11 2:56 pm - VA
This is probably the wrong thing to post, but here I go again......  If the USA keeps going along with "The Plan"  we will have no choice but to plan our end of life routine, even if we are healthy
LeaAnn
on 6/4/11 3:08 pm - Huntsville, AL
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 4:08 am
We should all be so lucky to have an end of life plan that is actually obeyed by the medical community. For most, it's just left to chance whether we suffer horribly in the end or not. I'd rather not.

LeaAnn
on 6/5/11 7:56 am - Huntsville, AL
Yup, I want my end to come quick, sudden and unexpectedly.  Up until then, I just refuse to think about it.
Heather :o)
on 6/5/11 1:16 am
I never gave it much thought until my friend had terminal ovarian cancer. Her last few months she suffered so bad, than one night the Hospice Dr  said she wouldn't make it through the night. From there we kept vigil and she fought and fought and it took six days for her to die from that day.  Those were the six most horrible days, she suffered so badly. At that point I had a true appreciation for Dr. Ks work.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Most Active