Bathing Suit HELP!!!

meganhirsch
on 6/13/11 5:15 am - East Hampton, CT
RNY on 04/20/10 with
 Hey everyone!!  I'm in dire need of help with finding a bathing suit that works with my new body!!  I had RNY almost 14 months ago, and have lost 175lbs, which should make buying clothes a LOT more easier, and for the most part it is a lot easier.  Until I went to buy a bathing suit.  I am down to a size 12 for bottoms, but my top, not so much.  All the smaller sizes come with smaller tops.  Tried tankini's and all of them were halter, and not working well with what I have.  I went from a size 46 JJ on top, to a size 36 H.  Wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on where to find a bathing suit that would fit.  I tried looking online, but gave up after not being able to find what I was looking for...  Thanks again for any suggestions!!

redsnapper1975
on 6/13/11 5:49 am
Look for places that sell the tops and bottoms separately- Lands End comes to mind and maybe miracle suit (cyberswim.com).  I think they both carry D and/or DD styles which will at least have some more support and room than a regular style.  Good luck!
~ Kim

redsnapper1975
on 6/13/11 5:52 am
And I found this site-  pricey but the one tankini top I looked at went up to 36F..

http://www.barenecessities.com/Swimwear_catalog_nxs,121.htm
~ Kim

noja
on 6/13/11 5:51 am - Hermansville, MI
I have similar problems with bathing suits.  I went from a 44DDD to a 34D on top and from a 26 on the bottom to a size 6.  I found a couple tankini's that fit kind of okay but not super wonderful to wear to a waterpark or anything.  I found alot of my stuff on ebay.  My suggestion to you would be to try and get a one piece and have it altered.  Being 36H is going to make things real difficult to try and buy anything off the rack.  Wish I had better advise.  I'm 3 years post op.  My problem is finding something small enough around to fit my chest with a large enough cup to hold all the excess skin and keep it from falling out everytime you move.  A couple one piece suits I have squash my top down so they look like pancakes but I would trust them more at the waterparks and such to keep things in the swimsuit than some of the tankinis I have. 

mkbeany
on 6/13/11 6:12 am
I have the opposite prob. Small on the top but large panni makes bottoms a bigger size. So I found what I needed at Target. All separates that can be tried on. Plus, not too spendy.

My top looks like a tank top but tight and with a little bra thing inside to hold up my ****er spaniel ears.

Bottom is boy-short style. Black.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Ashley O.
on 6/13/11 7:29 am
Torrid.com is designed pretty much for plussized girls, i shop there alot. But their swim tops and one pieces come in a variety of sizes, you could probably find somthing there. i know their 0 is equivelent to i think a 14 regular womans.

also, target has a pretty wide selection. and sell tops and bottoms seperatley so you can get a better fit.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

shannn
on 6/13/11 7:34 am - Knoxville , TN
I got mine at athleta.com

They are expensive but totally worth it. They hold up my saggy boobies and make them look good.
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

Elizabeth N.
on 6/13/11 7:35 am - Burlington County, NJ
Lands End is a terrific place for swimsuits.

One of my favorite sites when I wore a very large bra was www.biggerbras.com . They have swimwear too.

meganhirsch
on 6/13/11 10:17 am - East Hampton, CT
RNY on 04/20/10 with
 Thanks so much everyone!!  My main reason for getting a bathing suit is that I'm heading to a church camp to be a counselor for a week in July, so I need something that's gonna keep everything in!!  I'm definitely going to look at all the suggestions and hopefully find one that works!!
Most Active