BSN Desserts Protein Powder??

Hilary P.
on 7/12/11 11:11 pm - Decatur, AL
 I just recently bought some of this because i noticed LizaBreeze used it religiously. I bought chocolate coconut and whipped vanilla. i cant get over the thickness of it. i dont know if thats just how it naturally is or if im not mixing it right? yesterday i used half pint of milk and 1 scoop of cocolate coconut. today i used 4-5oz of water and a splash of milk. still really thick. this may be awesome for blending into a milkshake but i barely sstomach it just mixed in my Click shaker. 

anyone else have these issues or any tips to get it not so thick tasting???

thanks!
shellbell75
on 7/13/11 12:02 am
Yes, they are really thick shakes. I used Unsweetened Almond milk and add 10 oz of liquid. It still has that great flavor, just not as thick.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Dave Chambers
on 7/13/11 12:17 am - Mira Loma, CA
Flavors and textures of flavored protein shakes are a big issue for many post ops.  I used Isopure powder shakes, but many found that product too gritty.  You might consider an unflavored whey isolate protein powder like I use. It adds no flavor to foods, mixes easily, and is not gritty. I just added to my morning oatmeal, and a packet of Stevia, and a little cinnamon.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

jenysez1
on 7/13/11 6:24 am - LA
What brand unflavored do you use?

Thanks Jenny

Dave Chambers
on 7/13/11 12:10 pm - Mira Loma, CA
 I use generic non branded one. 2T is 20g protein.  It's noted on my profile paqe, on the personal web site listed there.  Many members of my support groups use the same whey isolate too.  I just also found a generic soy isolate protein powder too, but it's not on the site yet. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

msanson
on 7/13/11 6:55 am - CA
I drink rtd isopure. They taste good. They are 20 oz and have 40 grams of protein.
siberiancat
on 7/13/11 7:53 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I use BSN cinnamon bun in Fage greek yogurt with 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, cinnamon and SF brown sugar cinnmon syrup and SF carmel syrup.  Mix.

Eat as is or slice up an apple and use the protein mix as a dip - great!!  Makes a meal.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Karen M.
on 7/13/11 8:17 am - Mississauga, Canada
Holy hannah!  That sounds fantastic! 
Apologies - what is BSN?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mary Catherine
on 7/13/11 8:04 am
 It is made with Vegetable Gum and Xanthan Gum which make it thick.  I found it to be awesome for milkshakes and for protein ice creams.
MARIA F.
on 7/13/11 12:06 pm - Athens, GA

Love the stuff! Especially the chocolate coconut. If u don't like it thick then just dilute it.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active