Cant Wait to have the mushies!!!!!

jenysez1
on 8/19/11 6:45 am - LA
Who would want to eat mushy food...........MEEEEEEE!!!!!!   I go to the doctor for my two week post op on WED.  After that I should progress to the mushy pureed food.  I am so damn sick of all liquids and jello.  I was told I can have yogurt, pudding, cheese, pureed beans, tender meat, and fish.  Anything else yall want to add to my list.  I was wondering about cream of wheat or mashed potatoes mixed with unflavored protein powder.  I so miss cooking, cant wait to put a chuck roast in the crock pot.  My husband will be happy also.

Jenny

Jamie Z.
on 8/19/11 8:37 am - MI
My 2 favorites are carrots boiled in broth & mashed and cauliflower (google for south beach faux potatoes for a good recipe).

jenysez1
on 8/19/11 8:43 am - LA
Thanks, I am sure I can try to add unflavored protein powder to them and boost up my protein, I heard people adding it to sweet potatoes, so that should work well, especially with boiling them in the broth, I can use it to mix it in. 

Thanks for the tip.

Jenny

JodiBoda
on 8/19/11 1:05 pm - Butler, PA
I just started my mush foods today, so I know how you feel!  I had some mashed taters, and they had to be the best mashed potatoes in the world! 

Don't forget cottage cheese, applesauce, and oatmeal!  I don't know if you were on clear or whole liquids, but even switching to whole liquids helps when you can add things like cream soups and protein shakes. 

Check with your doc, but sugar-free ice cream might be okay.  My doc told me to wait a while for that.  Good luck!

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

jenysez1
on 8/19/11 10:58 pm - LA
Thanks Jodi.  I can taste the mash potatoes now...lol 

I will have to try cottage cheese again.  It was a texture thing. 

Thanks Jenny

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/19/11 11:08 pm
 Hi Jenny

I remember feeling like that,  ooh, boy, a spoonful of smashed beans!!

enjoy yourself

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

jenysez1
on 8/19/11 11:41 pm - LA
What I would give for some smashed beans...lol  I am just so tired of sweet shakes and plain broth.
The jello seems to aggravate my stomach.
Jenny

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/19/11 11:52 pm
 yes, the sweet is very tiring after awhile, blech. 

if jello aggravates, don't eat it!!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

doreen967
on 8/22/11 2:27 am - SC
I think I recall poeple telling me that you cannot use protein powders with heat because it breaks down the protein.  I am not certain, but I never tried it becuse of the warnings.  If you find out otherwise, please let me know!!  Your doing great!

Doreen

nikki1965
on 8/22/11 2:25 am - KS
Hi, I'm new here. I am one week post RNY and I just went from clear to full liquids. I was so excited to have tomato soup instead of broth! I have a few questions. Can anyone tell me if it is normal to feel nauseous all of the time? It is not cause I am eating too much. I take two sips of protein drink and I feel nauseous. It wasn't so bad with the clear liquids but since I switched, I feel nauseous all of the time, whether I'm eating or not. Also, (and forgive my bluntness) I have had intestinal cramps and diarhea since I started the liquid diet BEFORE the surgery. Has anyone had problems like that? Is it normal?
Most Active