Ggetting rid of post op gas

BevBoyd
on 8/20/11 12:46 am
Having trouble getting rid of post op gas.  I am 5 days out.  I am getting up every few minutes to walk around in my house. I have even been walking outside.  I am afraid to to drink my protein shake or water because I feel like my stomach will pop.  Any help?
BevBoyd
on 8/20/11 1:00 am
My surgery was full bypass, rny.
jenysez1
on 8/20/11 1:39 am - LA
LOVE GASX strips that disolve on your tongue and walking helps it move around also.

Dave Chambers
on 8/20/11 2:36 am - Mira Loma, CA
Walking and bending will move tha gas around and this will help resolve this issue faster. Many post ops, including me, think the surgical gas is the worst part of surgery. I had to get 3 shots my last night in the hospital to get comfortable enough to get a little sleep. Drink your protein and fluids though. Take a couple of sips every 15 minutes, no straws. Don't suck in air when you sip either. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

jenysez1
on 8/20/11 5:41 am - LA
Dave, just wanted to let you know I got the protein powder and I like it much better than the unflavored I had here already.  Thanks Bunches

Jenny

BevBoyd
on 8/21/11 9:36 am

Thanks everyone!  Got the strips today-not much help.  The best thing so far...is putting on music and dancing several times a day.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/21/11 9:42 am
 excellent! that is my idea of an exercise program a person can live with!  good luck with the gas: this, too, shall pass!

keep sipping!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Maggie15
on 8/20/11 9:42 am
I had really bad post op gas.  Check with your surgeon first but mine had me use Gas ex strips (I used the extra strength) and to drink warm or hot chalomine herbal tea.  Also to move as much as you possibly can.  It worked for me and I hope it'll work for you too. 
Janice B.
on 8/21/11 9:37 am - Misawa-chi, Japan

This is going to sound very odd, but please don't be a lady about it.  Burp it out, pass the gas (okay, just fart), use the Gas-X strips, and keep up the walking.  Sipping rather than drinking is huge. 

I was mortified in the hospital because I had a really bad cold and every time I blew my nose, during my stay, I out and out farted, loud and long.  It was embarassing until one of the nurses who had had rny said "oh, that is SO GOOD! and so good for you!!"  And I was way more comfie than my roommate.

Let it go.  :-)

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Most Active