need support from those who can understand...

rocktheshade
on 8/23/11 12:40 am - Medway, MA
hi all!  so i need some much needed help from people who understand.  i had surgery may 2010- in the past 15 months i have lost a total of 230lbs.  going from 422 to 192. 
i got engaged a month before the surgery to my amazing boyfrined who i have been with for the past 10 years.  he is incredibly supportive and has been with my through thick and thin.
so, of course after loosing all this weight i have severe extra skin...i look likei am melting.
i found my dream dress and love it, however - i don't love me in it.  i have to have sleeves made because my arms really are disturbing to look at.  i also have to cover my back because i have extra skin back there that just puddles over the back of the dress.  i have lost so much weight and wsnt to look beasutiful, especially for my fiancee.
it is hard for people to understand... my mom and friends all say that it looks beautiful, but i just think my new "melty" body looks sad.  and that it sucks that i have to cover so much.  here is a picture - the sleeves and back are  not done yet- lace will be added to it to help cover up.  it is also not hemmed yet.  forgive my silly face as well!
i think i may be crazy-the wedding is 30 days away and maybe i am just freaking out too much.  i just dont want to look matronly.  thanks for listening!

320 pounds GONE forever!!!

start 455/ current 135

rocktheshade
on 8/23/11 12:43 am - Medway, MA
sorry for all the spelling mistakes!

320 pounds GONE forever!!!

start 455/ current 135

k9ophile
on 8/23/11 1:00 am
Yes, you do want to look nice for your wedding.  Please don't let that overwhelm the joy of the occasion and how special the day will be when spent with friends and family who love you and your fiance just as you are and want you to live happily ever after.

Most of us are our own worst critics.  Were I to post a picture of me, I could obsess on every "flaw", while most readers would say I look great.  At least that's what happened when I posted some pictures on Facebook.  My friends said I was lovely; I saw turkey waddle, teeth that were too yellow, and my hair wasn't behaving.

The dress is beautiful and so is the woman who is wearing it.  Have a happy day and a wonderful married life.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/23/11 1:29 am, edited 8/23/11 1:32 am
I think you look amazing... except.. the sorry looking face... I wish you smile... I bet you smile is wonderful... You do need to smile...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Clumsybarbie
on 8/23/11 1:35 am - Nashville, TN
 love this pic!!  you look absolutely beautiful :)

skinnyinside33
on 8/23/11 1:43 am - Prairieville, LA
You look beautiful, but I understand how you feel I have bat wings from hades!! Your fiancee loved you heavy he will love you small with skin. I know we hate the skin but I guess i can live with the skin and not the fat lol. Maybe one day I can afford plastic surgery not anytime soon i have too many bills to pay off. I hope your wedding day is like a fairytail.. God bless!!
martitalinda
on 8/23/11 1:49 am
 My beautiful sista ... with your awesome weight loss plus your  BEAUTIFUL face AND figure AND hair AND your lovely dress and that glorious day coming up in scant 30 days I would have the brightest smile on my face and remembering my mom's mantra about holding my shoulders back and my chest out although it has nothing to do with proper posture LOL and enjoying every single minute of it ... YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! and your dress is beautiful! 

CONGRATULATIONS ... I WISH YOU HAPPINESS ... MUCH LOVE ... AND BEST WISHES ON YOUR CONTINUED JOURNEY ... ENJOY EVERY MOMENT ... YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials ... I am soooooooo happy for you!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kim S.
on 8/23/11 1:50 am - Helena, AL
First of all, you look gorgeous.  Tthe dress looks fine, but I personally don't think you need that cover up. I hope you are not compromising what you really want in your wedding day look just because you are ashamed of some extra skin.  

You must find a way to love yourself no matter what.  You should try to see yourself through your fiancees eyes.  So what if you have extra skin?  All the plastic surgery in the world will NOT make you love you.  I hope you can realize how gorgeous you are, regardless of what the shell looks like.

Concentrate on good health and exercise to tone the muscles you have.  Good muscle tone makes a world of difference in how the skin looks.

You are a beautiflul bride, and quite frankly could wear a garbage sack and that wonderful man that loves you for YOU would still only have eyes for you!  Enjoy your wedding, and most important, the life you'll have with this man that loves you just the way you are.

Kim

chris_ruff
on 8/23/11 1:54 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
you look lovely.

and i know personally, i always fee 10 times more confident when i stuff my jiggle into some spanx. good undergarments are the foundation! so go with the sleeves if they make you feel better. how you feel will predict how you look.
--Christina
beatrice00
on 8/23/11 2:04 am - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
If all it takes to make you happy are some sleeves then by all means, please get them. It's not a big deal at all. The dress looks better with sleeves anyway, in my opinion. Go for it girl, and enjoy your special day without worying about bat wings showing, dance and wave the arms around without being self-conscious about anything. Have fun.

Most Active