how do you bake fish?

jenysez1
on 8/31/11 3:05 am - LA
I rarely eat fish.  My grandparents sent me some thin filleted catfish.  How long do you bake it for at what temp?  Also how do you keep it moist and not to stick?

Thanks Jenny

kdunn
on 8/31/11 3:24 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil.  Spray the foil with olive oil pam.  Sprinkle the fish with Mrs. Dash or choice spices.  Spray the top of fish with the pam.  Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes on each side.  It depends on how thick the fish is.  Jus****ch it until it is done. Enjoy.
jenysez1
on 8/31/11 3:30 am - LA
Sounds easy and yummy, it should be quick because they are filleted very thing.  Thanks for the advice sounds great.

Jeny

Monica M.
on 8/31/11 5:52 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you can tell when its done because it flakes easily with a fork

jenysez1
on 8/31/11 3:36 am - LA
Hey I accepted your request.  75 lbs since May sounds awesome.  Are you able to eat white meat chicken or only dark.  I hear a lot of people saying chicken breast are too dry.  I am in the same boat with the exercise, I just told my husband we need to go walking the dogs tonight.  It is just so damn hot here in Louisiana...lol

Jenny

Pickett6
on 8/31/11 3:29 am
I read in a fish cookbook to bake fish 10 minutes for ea*****h of thickness of the filet if you like it moist.  I recently did a haddock filet with olive oil and lemon juice, covered with a little salsa verde (the green stuff made out of tomatillos); it was great.
martitalinda
on 8/31/11 3:57 am
 I do this with fish and also with boneless chicken breast...

I cut a large square piece of foil paper (heavy duty)

Place fish or chicken in center of square... sprinkle with sazon/adobo or your preferred seasoning.. squeeze a few drops of lemon or lime...  turn and do the same on opposite side.
Place a slice or slices of onions ... slices of green or red pepper ... a few pieces of capers on top of it...
Spray with a bit of I can't believe its not butter spray

Fold the foil over and seal tightly...
Bake in foil in the oven at 350 degrees until done.

Fish bakes much faster than chicken... delicious

Fish is easy ... you can't go wrong ... if all else fails place it on a sheet ... sprinkle your preferred seasoning ... spray with low cal spray or your choice of spray ... and stick in the oven until done...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

jenysez1
on 8/31/11 4:04 am - LA
thanks, sounds good.  I am hoping the fish and white meat chicken agree with me.  I hear many people only being able to eat dark meat and I was always a breast girl, if not I can do legs....thighs gross me out for some reason..lol 
Jenny

Dave Chambers
on 8/31/11 5:25 am - Mira Loma, CA
Here's how I've cooked fish since my RNY. One easy and quick way: place frozen filet (or thaw if desired) on ceramic plate. Place same size plate INVERTED on top of plate of fi**** now appears like a low profile flying saucer. Place in microwave, and cook 3-4 minutes for thinner filets. Pick up plates with pot holders, and drain off excess fluid from cooking into sink. Remove top plate, season and eat. Fish is very moist, and works well for individual cooking, especially if you're the only one eating fish at the meal.  Second method: take a square of aluminum foil, and place filet in middle. Add slice of lemon, seasoning, maybe even a couple small carrots. Pinch foil up so that the fish is sealed. Place in oven on cookie sheet, and cook 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove pan, and open foil. Fish is moist and carrots, etc are cooked tender.  Plate and eat.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

jenysez1
on 8/31/11 6:10 am - LA
Thanks Dave, both sound pretty simple.  I should be able to not screw this up....lol

Most Active