sleep...

SashaDY
on 9/9/11 1:27 pm
I am 1 week out and experience discomfort more at night.....
I tried to lay on my side and got this feeling of intense pressure (bordering pain) on the side/ hip beneath me.  Any ideas?
Tammy H.
on 9/9/11 4:45 pm - Greenville, OH
 When I had my surgery I had to sleep in a reclining chair, it helped a lot...Good luck, hope you get some good sleep soon...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Dave Chambers
on 9/9/11 11:59 pm - Mira Loma, CA
The old saying "if it hurts, don't do it" should likely be followed. You're in the healing process, and the pain may indicate "pulling" on a surgical area.  Don't sleep on your side.  Sleeping in a recliner is how many get by this issue during the first 3-4 weeks post op.  Some post ops are used to sleeping "abdomen down" which is a nono during the healing process.  I had no issues sleeping on my side, but that's how I normally sleep. Sleeping on your side with one leg stretched out and the other leg bent is often an aid in helping release gas. Laying down in this manner and then doing the reverse leg offered me a great aid in reducing unwanted gast at times during the first several months post op.  I learned this at a support group meeting, and I highly recommend all post ops attend these meetings.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

DianaRR
on 9/10/11 11:11 am - CA
I couldn't sleep on my side for a month. Just sleep on your back for now, you'll be able to roll on your side in a few weeks.
I slept in the recliner for weeks--it was more comfortable than flat on my back in a bed.
Most Active