Protein bars and Edamame oh my

jenysez1
on 9/10/11 9:10 am - LA
I am not on soft solid stage,  I am so happy I am at this stage.  I missed my protein bars and Edamame. Now if I can just get my hands on some Dungeness crabs.   What where somethings you were excited to be able to eat again at this stage?

Jenny

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/10/11 9:18 am
 it's hard to remember - I think anything salty. tuna salad, maybe. egg salad, too, eggs would not go down without mayo.

mostly, though, I didn't eat much food for a couple months. just got too full on my liquid protein.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

jenysez1
on 9/10/11 9:24 am - LA
I just got released to eat soft solids.  So I am going to try some protein shakes in the blender with fruit.  Other than that I wish I could say I love my liquid protein, but so far it sucks, so I am hoping the addition of fruit can liven this up.

Jenny

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/10/11 9:28 am
 have you tried greek yogurt?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

jenysez1
on 9/10/11 9:35 am - LA
Yes, I was never a big yogurt fan prior but I have been eating it anyway with some black cherry sugar free torani.  I heard you can mix a tsp of cheesecake sugar free pudding.  It is just so damn tart.  someone just gave me a recipe that has greek yogurt in the shake so I will try that in the am.  Jenny

Dave Chambers
on 9/10/11 11:29 am - Mira Loma, CA
You might try some unflavored whey isolate protein. I mix it with SF pudding, instant oatmeal, chili, make my own shakes, etc.  I had eggs almost daily during soft foods stage, but can only handle hard boiled eggs now--got egged out.  You can also "doctor up" some of the SF Jello puddings with blended berries, Torani syrups, etc.  I blend a portion of a banana with banana pudding--tastes like banana cream pie without crust. Also have done berries with SF cheesecake pudding for a berry cheese cake flavor.  One thing I do for my wife (who has hydration problems) is to make snowcones with SF flavorings--allows her to eat flavored ice shavings for better hydration. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

jenysez1
on 9/10/11 11:33 am - LA
Thanks Dave,  I ordered some of our unflavored powder,  I like it.  Just never really think of it other than in soup.  I need to start adding it to more things.

Jenny

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/11/11 2:46 am
Please tell me where I can get the unflavored protein- I can't tolerate the whey protein- it makes me sick.
jenysez1
on 9/11/11 2:57 am - LA
I tried the ANYWHEY (ordered on-line) it was ok.  I don't mind the unjury ordered online.  But so far I like the best is one I ordered from Dave Chambers (he posted a reply to this like 2 up)  it is a generic and 2 tbsp is 18 grams.  All unflavored still has somewhat of a flavor, his is the least offensive I have found so far.  As for regular flavored protein, I get premier nutrition ready to drink protein shakes, for the 11 oz carton it is 30 grams of protein, when most that size is 15-17.  Jenny

Most Active