OH bullies

Nicolle
on 9/11/11 6:49 am
Kudos, Finigan! Nice  post. Man, I wish there WAS  a block button to use in real life!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Leslie P.
on 9/10/11 11:18 pm, edited 9/10/11 11:21 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
I have been lurking, reading, entertained/amused by this whole bully thing for the past week or so that has been re incarnated (I will spell check bu may be so off that it might not help).  Anyway, it seems Anne that you have kept this alive longer than any OH member I can remember and I am by no means an old timer to this forum.  I have been here for a little over two years.  I have been blocked by one member I know of for sure for getting into it with her very early on.  Okay.  No big deal.  I do not agree with her tone.  Okay again.  But she has something I don't.  Experience.  So I tend to come on as a guest, read her posts, ignore her tone and move on.  I would strongly encourage you to do the same.  I get the assertiveness, the boundary setting.  I understand the need for these things in face to face relationships.  However, there is also an equal need to stop fighting everybody and everything.  You might want to take a step back and take your own inventory and look at why you will not let go of this bone.  Why you are so insistent on dragging others into a lesson you state is so important for you to learn Why you insist on making your lesson such a public one.

Back to lurking...
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/10/11 11:23 pm
 nice!

you should post more often.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 11:31 pm, edited 9/10/11 11:37 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Leslie, and it is excellent! I will take it to heart, but I may not back down.

I hope you don't stay lurking! If for nothing else, this conversation has gotten you to speak your piece!

Thanks for your support- not agreement- support.

BTW, I just got another PM from someone saying she's out of here because of the meanness. And no, Jackie, I am not going to share my PMs because they are just that- a PM.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/10/11 11:41 pm, edited 9/10/11 11:42 pm
I do not mean you should share a PM from someone who says they are out of here (what the hell?) you stated you had been bullied here and in PMs.

if someone is sending a nasty gram, post that. it's cowardly to attack via PMs.

ETA: if someone has disagreed with you via PM, however, after doing so here as well, who cares. you don't like them, block them and no more PMs. easy.

and the "what the hell" means what is going on here  so scary/horrible/mean that someone has to leave? that's just...stupid.

where is the mean, I am not seeing it!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 11:57 pm, edited 9/11/11 12:02 am
You may have rose colored glasses. I may have dark colored glasses.

I won't share the PMs because I won't spread the negativity, and they are PMs. There are enough icky messages in the public posts.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

ready2Bhealthy2
on 9/11/11 3:59 am
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 5:56 am - Santa Cruz, CA
kirmy
on 9/11/11 12:37 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
And then there is grandstanding and attention seeking on a platform that is generated by Crusader Rabbit!

I am intelligent enough to formulate my own ideas, judge people and tell those I disagree with to **** off. I don't need to join, create or take part in a clique to get my point across. This "Bullies are coming to get me bull****" is dull.  It also fails to create the significant me victim them bad guys persona that the ORIGINAL poster could have effectively generated had he/she not posted multiple threads droning on and chest beating.  Instead we have a massive drawn out cast of the disenfranchised exorcising their victimisation daemons and trying to get a cheer squad to play along.

You get ****ty pm's?  Then post them and shame the poster.  Don't let people slide about behind the scenes but conversely don't let someone manipulate you into taking a bogus stand so that he/she can continue on a passive aggressive ******g contest.

For fuck's sake move the **** on!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Amy R.
on 9/11/11 1:45 am
For fuck's sake move the **** on!

Like.  Like. LIKE.

I don't have the pleasure of knowing you Kirmy but you have captured the solution to this perceived problem incredibly well, both in this post and in your thread just prior.

I'm hoping people will pay attention to someone who sees us (Americans) from a different perspective, but mostly - I just wish I cared anymore.

The "bullying" must have escaped me, or maybe I'm a big meanie and just don't know it.  I just fail to understand why we must all be cookie cutter copies of each other and sit around blowing "support" up peoples backsides.

In my eyes, it is starting to seem more and more like the so-called "bullies" are actually the ones being persecuted because they don't fall in line and agree with other posters.  Why they are not entitled to their own opinions and their own way of communicating it is beyond me.

Most Active