If my husband sings "always look on the bright side of life"

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 5:57 am - LA
one more damn time, I think I will clock him.  Ok I know I should be happy, I had surgery a mth ago.  I lost 74 lbs since this time last year.  Stop whining and *****ing.  But my husband has been unemployed for 2 mths now, savings is gone, credit card companies are calling.  And there he is singing that ****  I have never been late on a bill, these collectors really make you feel ****tier about yourself, and they call every day, sometimes 3 times a day.  I search the computer all day for job leads for him and he plays video games.  I know I should be more grateful, but right now I am just down in the damn dumps.

Vent end, Thanks Jenny

AnneGG
on 9/11/11 6:02 am
I would clock my husband, too, if he were singing that **** with all you have going on.

Hang tough!!!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 8:39 am - LA
I was getting mad, he is doing this in walmart then goes post a picture of me with this pissed off face on face book for everyone to see.
I really wanted to clock him

Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 6:07 am, edited 9/11/11 6:19 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Wow, sounds like you need a big hug, and room to put down that brick before you bounce it off DH's cranium!

First, tell the bill collectors that according to the Fair Credit Practices Act, that they can no longer call you.  Yes, just tell them not to call you any more and they must stop.  Of course, this doesn't cure the basic problem, but it's at least a.start.

Next, tell the canary that HE needs to get on the ball because you aren't going to be looking anymore.  That's HIS job. And maybe hock his computer games.

Oh, and there's an oldie but goodie he should learn:  "Get A Job"  Get the lyrics online, go to UTube to hear the song, and sing it to him when he starts his warbling.

I know in this economy that jobs are few and far between, and there are a lot of people scrambling for the same pitiful job, and I am rooting for you.

Hugs,

Best wishes,
jenysez1
on 9/11/11 8:44 am - LA
Thanks Lynn.  I dont mind he play a game, after all the resumes have been sent, yard work done, etc.  I feel more like his mom.  I need to watch b/c I am going through this and he is emotional eating and I have been kinda *****ing about all the garbage he eats (really only when he wants to then eat my healthy stuff too)  He has Bipolar and atleast this time he is on his medicine.  I will have to look up that song and play it on the computer,,,, we share an office.

Jenny

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/11/11 6:12 am
 I'm sorry, Jenny, that's hard.

has your husband given up on finding a job that he has so much free time or what? you want I should come over and open up a can of whoop ass on him?  (cos it's the internet so I am pretty brave)

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 8:48 am - LA
Jackie,
He just thinks he has all the time to send off the resumes, and I feel he would do that first and then do everything else he NEEDS to do and then he can play his video games.  I am on disability and use to him being at work, 2 mths he has been up my butt, then I havent been out much due to surgery, tropical storm, and not wanting to waste money......so I just think I am mourning the loss of control of my house, is that crazy or what.

Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 9:44 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I know--my mom said, when my dad retired, "I married him for better or worse, but not for lunch!"
jenysez1
on 9/11/11 9:49 am - LA
that is funny but so true.

Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 10:17 am - Santa Cruz, CA

Yeah, when he started rearranging her cupboards, she decided he needed something to do, so
she got him to start a little parts running business just to get him out of the house.  6 yrs later,
he's got $100K yearly, and was really tired of working, so retired a second time.  By that time,
he didn't want to rearrange the cupboards and was happy to play pinochle with my Uncle Bill.

Much better!

Most Active