eggs are gonna be the death of me

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 3:25 am - LA
Ate boiled egg whites and did ok, not awesome but ok.  Tried scrambled (followed a microwave recipe I got on here that adds laughing cow light wedge cheese) oh my 2 bites in I thought I was gonna die.  I was never an egg person before, neither was I a yogurt (greek yogurt i struggle with the flavor) or milk or soy milk.  I am even so picky with the protein shakes......maybe i should have been picky when i was eating all that rich fatty food.

jenny

Lisarn1
on 9/11/11 3:33 am - Raleigh, NC
 LOL you'll find the right kinds of foods that will sit right for you. It just takes time.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 5:35 am - LA
I hope so, it is just I am so damn picky.
Jenny

AnneGG
on 9/11/11 3:38 am
Eggs were tough for me, too, when I was early out. Everything was, actually.

The only protein powder I can tolerate is BSN Lean Dessert. Plus I eat a lot of PowerPak Protein Pudding. Have you tried mixing some Crystal Light into your Greek yogurt?

Hang tough! The food part will get easier, I promise!

LOL re: being picky before! Don't we wish!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

jenysez1
on 9/11/11 5:39 am - LA
Do you make the pudding or do you buy it somehwere?  I will have to try the crystal light in the greek yogurt.  I need to try some different powder proteins, so far they all make me want to up chuck.  I may need to do some sampling on vitamin lady.

Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 5:49 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I love Greek yoghurt;  I mix it with mandarin oranges and s/f Tohrani's syrup to taste, and it's good to go.  Also, any variety of frozen fruits that you might like, but definitely do either Torani's syrup or some Stevia sweetner.  Unfortunately, the plain yoghurt is a little too plain for me!  Although it's a great base for a dip, using cucumber chips instead of crackers, or you can put it on top of your heated refried beans & cheese like sour cream.

Syntrax Nectar has sample packs of their varieties (12 or 13, I think) which mix with water.  I use the Carribbian Cooler, Lemon Tea, or Cappuccino.  I also keep the Isopure Ultra-low Dutch Chocolate on hand for breakfast.  I've used it for six years, and I still feel like I'm getting an early morning treat when I have my chocolate milk breakfast!

Good luck!
jenysez1
on 9/12/11 12:31 am - LA
I have some nectar samples, and I tried the lemonaide in my blender with water and Ice and it made a frothy mess.  How do you mix yours (blender, shaker bottle, spoon) and with what (water, mil****)  I need to try some of those samples but after that first try it scared me..lol

Thanks Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:31 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I just mix it in ice water with a spoon.  It dissolves pretty well, and makes a nice, refreshing drink in
the afternoon.  I often took it to work (in a ziplock baggie) to mix for my PM break.  EZ PZ.

Often we overdo the old blender, when a spoon is just fine!!

Keep trying--we've all got different tastes.

Best wishes,
jenysez1
on 9/12/11 2:17 am - LA
spoon I will try then.  I just wasn't into the frothy mess.  I will definately try this.

Jenny

AnneGG
on 9/11/11 1:14 pm
The pudding comes ready made in a can. It is expensive but tasty, and it has 190 calories and 30 grams of protein. I get it online, but GNC and Vitamin Shoppe carry it.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active