Dr. Office- Negative- on some procedures & sites

MissJoi4u
on 9/21/11 7:38 am - Hampton, VA
...Yes, I agree, but you where the only one who didn't get the basis of my question, nevertheless, thanks for your input.  Have a great one!
injeneral
on 9/21/11 8:22 am
I didn't understand what you were asking, either. Proper punctuation might help in the future. Just sayin'.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

MsBatt
on 9/21/11 4:25 am
On September 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM Pacific Time, MissJoi4u wrote:
. , Why do u seem to be the "only" one not to understand what I was asking, if you don't,then don't respond to my post. Thanks! I don't post to put stuff up for debate, I post to find out from experiences, not self thought!
No, she's NOT the only one not to understand what you were asking. I'm not at all sure I understand your post.

I know from previous posts you've made that the whole idea of weight-loss surgery is VERY new to you. Perhaps you should keep an open mind for a while.
MissJoi4u
on 9/21/11 7:42 am - Hampton, VA
I do keep an open mind, and the info my surgeon was explaining to me, just wanted me to be curious to ask,are their certain WLS procedures they consider not very effective. Thats all....Geesh
MsBatt
on 9/21/11 10:16 am
On September 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM Pacific Time, MissJoi4u wrote:
I do keep an open mind, and the info my surgeon was explaining to me, just wanted me to be curious to ask,are their certain WLS procedures they consider not very effective. Thats all....Geesh
Well, there are scientific, peer-reviewed studies comparing the various forms of WLS, and yes, there's a pretty well-defined degree of effectiveness. Of the Big Four, the Band is the least effective, the RNY/gastric bypass and the VSG/Sleeve seem to be about equally effective, and the DS is the most effective. HOWEVER, since not all surgeons do all procedures, not all of them will tell you this, just like the Ford dealer isn't going to tell you how great the new Cadillacs are.

Really, the best way to choose the right procedure FOR YOU is to research them all YOURSELF. And by that, I mean read on all the forums here, read studies on places like PubMed, etc. It's good to consult with a surgeon, even better to consult with more than one, especially if they offer all of the Big Four procedures.
ladybugnessa
on 9/21/11 4:57 am - Owings Mills, MD
She's not.

I'm confused as well.

could you re-phrase your question please?
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

MissJoi4u
on 9/21/11 7:47 am - Hampton, VA
Yes I will, He was explaining alot of  the WLS options and said some were better than others. So I just wanted to ask u guys do most doctors agree on some procedures than others. But I take it that they do, as one put it, they prefer the ones they specialize in as "The Best". Hope this helps.
ladybugnessa
on 9/21/11 7:55 am - Owings Mills, MD
of course doctors are going to think the surgery they prefer to do is the best.

I was told that RNY is the gold standard.

There is NOT a doctor in Maryland that does DS that I would let touch me and having my surgeon close to me was critical for my comfort so I opted for a great RNY doctor and thankfully I've done fairly well.

But even a doctor that does lapband as an option (my surgeon does Lap band, RNY and sleeve but he seems to prefer doing RNY) often will steer patients away from it for various reasons....

or they will say  RNY gives you malabsorption vs VSG....

NOT going to find a doctor that doesn't do DS tell you to get a DS....

Doctors are only HUMAN... they will have opinions and failings just like their patients. 
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 9:04 am - San Jose, CA

Curious what your issue was with Vanguri?  He's been a vetted DS surgeon for a long time, and he's about 20 miles from your town:

Apparao Vanguri, MD

Franklin Square Hospital Center
8872 Belair Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21236-2401
Phone: 410-529-7500
Fax: 410-529-7510

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/21/11 5:07 am
I wasn't sure what you were asking either, so I made my best guess and answered. I figured if it didn't answer anything for you, then you'd clarify.
Most Active